0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Popped my tab cherry tonight.

IamMark
Cigars all around!

So ScottieMac asked about Chris Stapleton songs, and I play two of his. I checked to see if Fire Away had been tabbed before, and it had not. So I actually had attempted to tab this song a while back when I first learned it, and I still use this tab when I'm playing gigs. I quickly scan it to pull me out of my buzz and remember how the song goes.

So yeah… I created a tab. Feeling pretty good about myself right now.

Until one of you pisses on my cupcakes and tells me it's complete garbage.

Enjoy ScottieMac.

Lon, can you give it a QC to see if I'm on target with this?
Marko1960
Don't know the song so can't comment but well done
2nick3
Tab looks good, but the video link is broken.

I'd recommend shortening the lines of text, as they make the whole tab show up smaller on screen here. Keeping them under 80 characters or so seems to work out best.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Lon, can you give it a QC to see if I'm on target with this?

Sure, I'll check it out this evening. Congrats on popping that cherry. I hope you used protection.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Tab looks good, but the video link is broken.I'd recommend shortening the lines of text, as they make the whole tab show up smaller on screen here. Keeping them under 80 characters or so seems to work out best.

This. If the tab or text is wider than the tab field can normally accommodate, the system shrinks the font in order to make the whole tab viewable at once. The first time that happened to me, I didn't know what the hell was going on LOL It didn't help that I write my tabs on a template of my own design, written in 12-point Courier New font, which is a different font than what the default tab field uses. Speaking of which…

…okay, I just did a quick test and it seems the cut-off point is in the vicinity of 100 characters wide before the system adjusts the font. So 2nick's suggestion of 80s characters is a guaranteed safe width. If you go back into your tab and edit that long first sentence (add a line break after “for me to” ) your tab should automatically adjust to full size.

Incidentally, I had intended to QC your tab as requested last night, but I got busy. I'll do it today for sure.
Marko1960
…yup, none the wiser
IamMark
I'll try to edit it when I get back to my computer.

Good tip.
johnny [staff]
hey peeps, sorry for being so late with approving tabs these past days, I had a lot on my plate work-wise.

I'm working on a system where we as a community will be able to approve tabs collaboratively, however I need to make it robust and fool-proof.
johnny [staff]
also the cutoff for smaller font is 115 characters in a line (I added this because I had some complaints about tabs breaking and users experiencing horizontal scrollbars)

Reply to this thread