Jamming sessions

ToxicTwinBass
in your room or with a band. How long do you jam
Marko1960
We used to do three hours but it was never enough
Marko1960
We used to do three hours but it was never enough
LoudLon [moderator]
I try to put in at least an hour a day. There are some days when I jam for three or four hours. I go through my music folder, throw a bunch of stuff on a VLC playlist and jam along. But it's been years since I jammed with other musicians. I miss it quite a bit, but there simply isn't anyone in my area who shares my taste in music. I've tried Craigslist, Bandmix, put up notices in the post office. Nothing.
I try to do 2 hours with my schedule and thats not long enough but i cant control my schedule
MotorMog
Our band pretty much always hires a room for three hours for rehearsals ,gives us enough time to set up and get through a 1.5 hour set and work on any new songs and fine tuning

It's also good etiquette to be stripped down and out on time, takes me a while to pick up all those empties

Check out the beast from this weekend's new rehearsal rooms

Crusty old 4×10 + 2×15 powered by a Kustom head from the 80s ,pushed some air though !!!!

Marko1960
I've got a 1975 Peavey TNT 150, it doesn't clip excess signal like modern amps it just blows your fxxxing ear drums
Be glad you're still able to empty the “empties”, MotorMog.
MotorMog
Quote:
I've got a 1975 Peavey TNT 150, it doesn't clip excess signal like modern amps it just blows your fxxxing ear drums

Studio we use occasionally in Worthing “still” has one of those ,flippin eck your not wrong !!!!
MotorMog
Quote:
Be glad you're still able to empty the “empties”, MotorMog.

Well im all about saving the planet, one drink at a time

It's good to know that your doing you bit
IamMark
My jamming days seem to be long behind me. Like Lon said, it's tough to find a complete band of musicians with similar tastes, and schedules to hold any sort of “jam” session.

Mostly I play wineries and breweries now with a guitarist/singer. Occasionally another singer/guitarist will join us for a few songs, and when I don't know the song I consider that “jamming”.

Most of my preparation jamming is me working songs out in my basement, and then taking what I've learned to a winery gig to play. Sometimes it works brilliantly, some times is a hot steaming pile of garbage.

Reply to this thread