0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

BEST ELECTRIC BASS TO BUY FOR BEGINNERS

Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Looks like its the same pup format as a jazz, are they similar sounding. Won't be similar sounding now as I've fitted the humbuckers to the fender jazz but I'm hoping the feel will not be that indifferent neck wise and fret spacing Thinking I might tune this half a step down and use it for a our Stooges and L7 covers ,also a couple of motorhead tunes will sound good slightly down tunedShould be here tomorrow ,retail and delivery never sleeps theses days
The fret spacing should be identical to the Jazz if this is a 34" scale, you're in trouble if it isn't! It looks wider at the nut than a Jazz, more Precision like
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: The fret spacing should be identical to the Jazz if this is a 34" scale, you're in trouble if it isn't! It looks wider at the nut than a Jazz, more Precision like

yeah your correct nut is 41mm so not outrageous but will feel and play a tad different compared to the 38mm width on the fender ,scale is 34" so shouldnt be a problem but the different shape body will probably make it feel like the frets are offset as it will sit different

i do wear my bass pretty low so might have to play about with the strap height on the ibanez to make it feel more comfortable
MotorMog
Bass has turned up in tune ,low action and intonation spot on

Not sure what it weighs but must be a third of the jazz and the smaller body is a nice fit ,but it just feels cheap which of course it is

Would I want this as a beginers bass ,sure why not its playable and on a par with others I've tried for double the money

Definitely a good starting point ,your not going to find a second hand fender with a gig bag delivered for £165 !!!
MotorMog

Tried out the new Ibanez at rehearsals on friday evening, very playable wish id had something this nice when I first started out
I would recommend an SR by Ibanez. Really great bass.

I have the left handed one . If you're interested, search for the SR300EB.
Marko1960
Quote:
Tried out the new Ibanez at rehearsals on friday evening, very playable wish id had something this nice when I first started out
I used to own an identical Mex Jazz bass as yours, put a tortoise shell scratch plate on it and BAM! It looked a million dollars.

…but it only sounded like fifteen quid so off it went
MotorMog
Quote:
It looked a million dollars.…but it only sounded like fifteen quid so off it went

Yep those stock pups are not great so I got these dropped in

And a nice chunky bridge

Sounds a bit better than fifteen quid now
I bought the entry level Ibanez bass, in black. It was on sale @ 5 hundys included case and strings. It's got a nice tone and stays in tune well. I Love my Ibanez electric/acoustic guitar, and thought the bass would also be GR8 and it is!
You can go for an Ibanez SR 200 4 string although its quite a basic bass(if you're tight on budget then its the best you can go for) but if you looking for a bit more fun and can spend some extra dollars then go get yourself an SR 370e or 300e it is way better than the SR 200 as you'll get more tonal varieties to fiddle with (an active bass) and will stay with you till you're an intermediate player.

Reply to this thread