0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Beer garden

mr zee
That's what I call a picture a hoody with rocket fuel
Marko1960
I bought a bottle once but only to de-scale my boiler, avoid drinking it…if you value your eyesight that is
mr zee
does it put Carlsberg special brew in the alcohol free section
Marko1960
…pfft, Carlsberg Special Brew is used as a Buckfast hangover remedy
IamMark
Interesting thread. Completely off subject, but I like it.

I'm curious… as an American, I can easily say that American mass-brewers put out complete swill. It's undrinkable. Watered-down, flavorless… blech. (I'm looking at you AnBev and MillerCoors). But I'm curious how European brewers are making American Pale Ales, and India Pale Ales. APAs and IPAs are becoming known as “American beers” now with their bitterness and high alcohol content.

Are they appreciated in Europe? Or do Europeans still prefer more malty beers?
MotorMog
Quote:
But I'm curious how European brewers are making American Pale Ales, and India Pale Ales. APAs and IPAs are becoming known as “American beers” now with their bitterness and high alcohol content.Are they appreciated in Europe? Or do Europeans still prefer more malty beers?

Well I guess we've always brewed IPA's over here but the APA's have only really kicked in recently with the craft beers pubs, gourmet burgers (wtf) and the bloody hipsters!!!

I just like what I like and if it tastes good il drink it, but yeah still loads of malty darker beers on tap (ales and bitters)

Went to Prague back in January and got addicted to this stuff Kozel Dark ,Yumeeeee

MotorMog
We've got a micro brewery in the village , they sell bottled beers in the local shop and the village pub on draught
mr zee
I like all sorts of beers and brewers from various parts of the globe. I found quite a varied selection in local supermarkert from America, China, Japan and theres a really nice one from Italy called Peroni which is a lager and one from Sweden which is an amber lager that tastes (to me) like a traditional Brit beer. The UK's mass brewers to the most also churn out garbage
mr zee
Bass players and beer, who'd a thought
IamMark
I prefer darker beers myself. A lot of my family scoff at porters and stouts, but I love them.

There's a local agro-brewer down the road from me called Old 690. They make a dark triple IPA. It's about 94 on the ibu scale and has 9% alcohol, but you'd never know it. They go down so smooth. After three, I get that warm and fuzzy feeling. (I'm 6'5" ~ 265 pounds). Four of them will knock me down.

Reply to this thread