0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Beer garden

Marko1960
Quote:
Four cans, Marko, does that equal four pints? If so, ouch! One shouldn't combine beer and wine, Mr. Zee. At least, for me it's the hammer.
They were 500 ml cans, Jay, so that's two litres at ten per cent which means I drank 200 ml of pure alcohol in two hours! I don't recommend you try this at home
Quote:
Quote: Four cans, Marko, does that equal four pints? If so, ouch! One shouldn't combine beer and wine, Mr. Zee. At least, for me it's the hammer. They were 500 ml cans, Jay, so that's two litres at ten per cent which means I drank 200 ml of pure alcohol in two hours! I don't recommend you try this at home
…nor in the pub.
mr zee
if I remember correctly didn't Kestrel do a super strength lager years ago. I can remember when Skol arrived in the Tetley pubs, I think I was about 15 or 16 (1976ish). Ice cold beer for the first time instead of tepid mild or bitter (light or heavy). Its probably the lowest strength lager in the UK now
Marko1960
Yes they did do a Kestrel super strength. When I started drinking in pubs, Icegold was the lager of the day, I recently did some work for the head brewer at Cameron's and he told me that Icegold wasn't actually Lager but Light Beer, “well fan my brow” I replied
mr zee
Yes they did do a Kestrel super strength. When I started drinking in pubs, Icegold was the lager of the day,
Can you remember one called Icebreaker. could only get it in cans round here but according to an old mucker who was in navy could get it on draught in Plymouth and Portsmouth
Marko1960
There's a Royal Navy museum up here, maybe they sell it in there
mr zee
They might but I've not seen any since the late 70's
Marko1960
They've got an early nineteenth century Royal Navy wooden frigate, a couple of cans o lager from the 70s can't be that hard to find
mr zee
Funny buggar
Marko1960
I'm gonna hijack this thread to talk football, now that the longest three months are over I need somewhere to express my elation, or blast off steam, just mention a different beer when you post to keep the Beer Garden theme alive. Mr Zee, one point from a wars of the roses clash today, I was rootin for Leeds by the way. MotorMog, no shame in taking an ass whuppin from City, favourites surely? I've got 12 hours left to wait so time to open a couple of Newcy Broons

Reply to this thread