0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Who the hell is Adam Lambert???

Marko1960
One thing I do know, he aint know Paul Rodgers, who, although fantastic,(Bad Company) werent no Freddie. May and Taylor need to take a leaf out of Deacons book and just let it go
Marko … I think it is YOU who needs to let it go LOL

Dr Brian May & Roger Taylor are still incredible musicians … the guitar solos on the Queen + Adam Lambert gigs (particularly the extended segments of improv ) are out of this world, and I think it is a bit presumptious of anyone to tell people for whom music is their life, to give it up while they are still enjoying what they do, and getting rave reviews from sell out crowds, eh?

Freddie wanted his music played and performed … but it was not just HIS music it was QUEEN music - songs written by one became collaborations once the band got into the studio to record, and watching the current Queen + Adam Lambert lineup you realise just how much of the Queen sound is down to Brian May and Roger Taylor, (plus the very talented John Deacon) Some of my favourite Queen songs were actually written by Brian May … there, I said it!
Marko … I think it is YOU who needs to let it go LOL

Dr Brian May & Roger Taylor are still incredible musicians … the guitar solos on the Queen + Adam Lambert gigs (particularly the extended segments of improv ) are out of this world, and I think it is a bit presumptious of anyone to tell people for whom music is their life, to give it up while they are still enjoying what they do, and getting rave reviews from sell out crowds, eh?

Freddie wanted his music played and performed … but it was not just HIS music it was QUEEN music - songs written by one became collaborations once the band got into the studio to record, and watching the current Queen + Adam Lambert lineup you realise just how much of the Queen sound is down to Brian May and Roger Taylor, (plus the very talented John Deacon) Some of my favourite Queen songs were actually written by Brian May … there, I said it!
Twiggybass
Motor Mag, your lucky dude. Katy Perry is a little pop princess with lyrics about Peacock and “Candy”
Twiggybass
I was born in January 1980, 4 days after the 70s finished. Back than it was different so I don't know a lot of these pop stars now lol
Twiggybass … don't matter when you are born dude. You can like music and artists from any era if they resonate with you. You don't have to know and like what is current, but on the other hand other people are entitled to like things different to what we ourselves do. It's called diversity.

But having said that, Google (and it's clones) and YouTube mean you don't have to be in the dark about artists these days if you are curious. Lots of older stuff gets posted as well for those into pre-internet performances.

I have ecclectic tastes myself and technology opens up options way beyond the old radio and physical recording days - I love that about the times we are in (even if other things suck!)
Marko1960
Yup, I'm diverse from a Queen that just wont quit.

Looking forward to Motorhead featuring Boy George.

Dont talk crap to me, I wrote the book
Marko - I'm happy to say the book you wrote is not on my reading list. Peace
2nick3
Quote:
Back in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s there were no covers in the charts, the likes of ‘Idol’ and ‘X Factor’ have put an end to that.…'

I loved driving my daughter crazy when I could sing along to the latest Disney pop-star's “new” song - they were all covers of 80's tracks. Not sure if they ever charted, but they dominated the pre-teen segment at the time.
2nick3
Quote:
Karaoke singer then.

Marko - that's a lose definition on Karaoke, but I see where you are coming from. My point was that Lambert has a pretty distinguished singing voice - he carried the emotion of that song, which is why I linked it in. No, not as well as Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith on the original, but there are VERY few covers that come close to the original (just watch an episode of Idol for proof on that). Idol is supposedly about finding a vocal performer (yes, it's really just about ratings), and they seem to miss quite often. Chris Daughtry is another example of an Idol contestant who didn't win because they didn't fit the target/voting audience's narrow expectations, even though he was clearly the best contestant they had that season.

Reply to this thread