0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

how the heck am i supposed to do this

Guinny
IamMark
I try to learn songs the way they were originally written.

I focus more on arrangement and chord progression of the song, and then work on licks and fills.

I also try to learn the song without open strings because a lot of times the guitarists I play with use capos and play the songs in different keys. I need to adjust and move the patterns up or down the neck instead of constantly down tuning to stay with the guitars.
Marko1960
When i'm applying K-Rend scratch render, sometimes we use the P F T G4 render pump and sometimes we use hawks and trowels, when its finished people cant tell which method we used and care even less
Leiria
Quote:
That's completely different from what I tabbed…
2nick3
Quote:
I also try to learn the song without open strings because a lot of times the guitarists I play with use capos and play the songs in different keys. I need to adjust and move the patterns up or down the neck instead of constantly down tuning to stay with the guitars.

The Praise band I play in at my church will change keys on songs all the time, even right at the beginning of a service (“Hey Nick, we're going to do this in B flat instead of C. And go!&rdquo, so playing a pattern in a closed position is the only way I can keep up. That and they like to modulate (is that the right term?) keys in the middle of songs to accommodate changing lead vocalists, so being able to move up a whole step from C to D by just moving the start of the pattern

The nice thing in that environment is as long as what I play fits the song, I can play anything I want to. Straight roots, a blues riff, pentatonic runs, root-third-fifth-root slides, anything that fits. I learn a lot more when I can play with that level of freedom than when I'm locked into a bass line where I'm just repeating a series of notes.

Reply to this thread