0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Bass player forums, how would you rate them?

ThunderBassist Jay
There are a number of bass forums, other than bass tab forums, on the interwebz. How is your experience with these forums? Could you rate them on a scale from 1 to 10 (bad to excellent)?
- Do you use them to gain knowledge?
- Do you like to post in the off topic section?
- Do you have an account?
- Do you post?
I'm an active member of our national bass forum (Basgitaarforum) in the Netherlands. It's a simple forum with honest, helpful bassists.
I also joined the US TalkBass. A lot of fun is going on there. But… The mods can be rather agressive. One wrong word and they are immediately ‘on the case’.
Almost a year ago BassTalk247 started. They are a small forum with a lot of ex-TalkBass guys who got kicked out or were frustrated. Off topic humor is the driving force. I joined them as well, just to keep in touch.
LoudLon [moderator]
Couldn't say. I've been on some guitar sites, but this is the first and only bass-specific site I've been on. And I dig it here, so I feel no need to explore others.
Guinny
Pretty much what LoudLon said.
Sidsquishus
I'm on TalkBass - mostly as a way to get good used gear. But lots of really knowledgeable bass players there with many years of experience - you can learn some things or get help. I'm going to check out some of the other ones Jay listed. Cheers

And I wouldn't have guessed that Jay was from the Netherlands. I've been to Amsterdam numerous times, though I don't remember too much
Marko1960
BBT, end of. I've worked in Holland, the digs were in Beesd, the site was in Zaltbommel and the boss lived in s.Hertogenbosch
IamMark
I've only checked out other bass forums when I've Google something that links to one of those sites.

I only participate here.

And with Jay's tan and affection for sleeveless shirts, I thought he lived in the US in the sunbelt somewhere.
Marko1960
Must admit I thought he was from way out back in the Ozarks, with a swing on the porch while he serenaded Ellie May with his big double bass, a couple o Coon Hounds trying to sleep out front as the sunlight flickered through the trees
Nope, I live 23 feet below sea level. Every now and then I climb out of the pit to travel to sunny places elsewhere on the globe.
Guinny
Sounds like Western Europe to me, Jay.
Quote:
Sounds like Western Europe to me, Jay.
Sure, The Netherlands

Reply to this thread