0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

WHATS YOUR TOP TEN VINYL COLLECTION?

Latex Sex
LMAO
johnny [staff]
I only have a couple of vinyls and sadly nowhere to play them anymore. I have a chuck berry vinyl that I used to listen to a lot, and machine head by deep purple. these would be my top 2, I guess

Also quite a lot of some old Yugoslavian stuff, though I doubt you'd be interested in that
Sadwings
My Favorites are…
1) Judas Priest - Hero, Hero / Stain Class / Hell Bent For Leather
2) Iron Maiden - Killers / Number Of the Beast
3) Black Sabbath - Paranoid
4) Heart - Dreamboat Annie
5) Bruce Springsteen / The River
I've got quite a pile of vinyl. It's not easy to compose a top ten like good, better, best. There is a lot of emotional value, like my first LP, Slade Alive, which I got in 1972. I bought Deep Purple's Machine Head in Chicago in 1975. I also own the single Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC, which was mastered by a late friend of mine. His anagram is in the centre of the single, as usual in those days.

1 All the World's a Stage - Rush
2 Slade Alive! - Slade
3 Made in Japan - Deep Purple
4 Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
5 Recorded Live - Ten Years After
6 It's Alive - Ramones
7 Never Mind the Bollocks - Sex Pistols
8 Tokio Tapes - Scorpions
9 Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
10 Uriah Heep Live (January 1973) - Uriah Heep
…and many more
LoudLon [moderator]
I had several hundred vinyls way back when, but didn't hold on to many of them over the years. I still have about fifty or so, my top ten of which would look something like this:

Prince - Purple Rain
Whitesnake - Whitesnake
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Terence Trent D'Arby - Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby
Metallica - …And Justice For All
Beverly Hills Cop Soundtrack (won it in a radio station contest back when I was 12 LOL)
The Smiths - Meat is Murder
Loverboy - Get Lucky
Winger - Winger
Marko1960
Nice to see The Smiths, Meat is Murder on there, Andy Rourke is a great bassist with a distinct style of his own. The Smiths were The Beatles of the 80s, yet they rarely get a mention on here
LoudLon [moderator]
I wish I could say I was more familiar with The Smiths, but they weren't really popular here in the states. “How Soon is Now” is pretty much the only thing resembling a hit they've ever had here, and it wasn't really all that big a hit. I only bought the album because I'd heard the song on the radio – once – when I was 12 or 13, back in the summer of ‘84. That song’s been covered and appeared in other movies since, but back in the day, it was barely more than a college radio hit here.
Guinny
In no particular order;

1. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
2. Echo and the Bunnymen - Heaven Up Here
3. Killing Joke - What's This For?
4. The Clash - London Calling
5. David Bowie - Low
6. Bob Marley and the Wailers - Rastaman Vibration
7. The Doors - The Doors
8. U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
9. Television - Television
10. 999 - Separates (High Energy Plan)
Sidsquishus
I like a lot of Guinny's favorites I don't have all of them, but I bought probably 6 or 7 of these back in the days of vinyl.
Marko1960
Nice list Guinny

Reply to this thread