0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What are we missing?

Leiria
Quote:
This is what, IMO, the Duran Duran thread here is supposed to be. While there has been less collaborative tabbing than I'd hoped for, it is working as work-in-progress test bed. As I work on a DD song request, I'll post what I've got so far (which is usually wrong in some way) and ask for feedback - sounds right or not? That helps make the final, submitted tab a good one.

Thats what I had in mind, but Im not going to create a new thread every time I need help. Ill eventually figure it out. I just think this could be a simple subdivision of new bass tabs called “in the making” and I think it would encourage more people to try to tab, since now they have help. They dont have to use if they dont want to, but if they feel stuck they can get some help wich will keep them motivated
Sidsquishus
Let me know when you need help - in a thread or pm - and I'll try to help.
LoudLon [moderator]
Maybe submit the tab as normal but include a note saying “please do not rate; work in progress” or something along those lines? You can edit your tabs after being submitted as much as you'd like, then when you're finally finished and ready to have it rated, change the note.

Yes, no?
johnny [staff]
Quote:
I'm still showing a rating option on my tabs. Afraid to try it and make sure it doesn't work for fear that the rating will stick lol

It would put out an error message, but now I actually made it so that the dropdown for voting isn't even displayed on your own tabs.

Quote:
Maybe submit the tab as normal but include a note saying “please do not rate; work in progress” or something along those lines? You can edit your tabs after being submitted as much as you'd like, then when you're finally finished and ready to have it rated, change the note. Yes, no?

That, or having the ability to reset the ratings after an edit?

Or maybe we could change the rating system altogether. Just have an option to post an “issue” with the tabs. Let's say that you play a song and find out that there's something wrong with it - you post an issue. The author of the tab then addresses the issue. If all issues are closed we assume that the tab is perfect and just automatically give it five stars (and add an option similar to an upvote or something, so that people may still show appreciation with just one click). If there's open issues we calculate the amount of stars depending on the number of issues? Just a suggestion.
LoudLon [moderator]
I'd caution against making the rating option too much of a process. It can't get any simpler than it already is, yet still less than half of the tabs being posted are getting rated. I'd imagine the numbers would drop even more if the process became too much more involved, y'know?
Leiria
Thanks for the suggestion and for offering help. Ive been very busy and will continue to be for a while. Ill post what I have so far this weekend and add WIP to the them. Ill let you know when theyre up.
Sidsquishus
This should be under the Site Changes thread, but as that thread has been locked for a silly reason (original post was old), here it is.

Please see the Site Changes thread for background info.

Despite how things are supposed to work as described in The Dude's post about requests disappearing from the list once a tab is submitted, it is my experience that this is not so. Perhaps there is a lag time between approval and a request being removed from the list?

In any case, I submitted a tab last night, it has been approved and now appears at (soon to be near, hopefully) the top of the New Tabs list. On the requested tabs page, the request still appears with the notification that I am presently working on it.

Requests should disappear from the Request list once a tab has been submitted and approved.
johnny [staff]
sid - again this is because the request was misspelled - ghostrider in the sky vs. Ghost riders in the sky, this is why the system didn't find the request automatically and delete it. I'm very sorry about this, I will improve this soon.

The site changes topic was locked because we have two threads with a similar title - search for “site changes”.
Sidsquishus
I see. Thanks Johnny. Maybe it could be that clicking on the Submit button associated with a request would be the trigger that removes a request from the list. Then corrections to misspelled song names wouldn't derail the process. But then there's the issue of approval before request deletion…
johnny [staff]
we're gonna make it more tightly connected (submissions and requests) and it will then work as you described

Reply to this thread