0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Any CD collectors?

LoudLon [moderator]
Things were definitely different in the ‘80s. People weren’t so damned pessimistic and cynical, there was no internet or chat rooms which meant kids actually went outside to play and hang out with friends, there were no cell phones or Facebook or Twitter… As “connected” as the internet supposedly makes us, the world today feels noticably cold and impersonal compared to back then. Honestly, as much as I enjoy the internet, if it were to disappear tomorrow I wouldn't miss it. Maybe because I know how to interact with real, live people lol

But enough of that. It's not my intention to take this thread off-topic.
Sadwings
Quote:
Hello BigBassTabs. It's been a long time.I started buying CDs about a year ago instead of digital music. I wanted my music to be tangible and part of a collection, so I started buying up a bunch of CDs I knew. My collection has been expanding exponentially, and so are the genres. I know vinyl collecting is fairly common, but how many of you out there collect CDs?[b]P.S. THANK YOU SadWings for getting me into Judas Priest. They are freaking amazing![/b]My full collection thus far:Among the Living (Anthrax)Spreading the Disease (Anthrax)Through the Never Soundtrack (Metallica)Death Magnetic (Metallica)Load (Metallica)Metallica (Metallica)…And Justice For All (Metallica)Master of Puppets (Metallica)Ride the Lightning (Metallica)Kill ‘Em All (Metallica)The Final Frontier (Iron Maiden)Brave New World (Iron Maiden)Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (Iron Maiden)Somewhere In Time (Iron Maiden)Powerslave (Iron Maiden)Piece of Mind (Iron Maiden)The Number of the Beast (Iron Maiden)Iron Maiden (Iron Maiden)Youthanasia (Megadeth)Rust In Peace (Megadeth)Peace Sells… But Who’s Buying? (Megadeth)Redeemer of Souls (Judas Priest)Painkiller (Judas Priest)Screaming For Vengeance (Judas Priest)Sad Wings of Destiny (Judas Priest)The Great Twenty-Eight (Chuck Berry)1984 (Van Halen)Van Halen (Van Halen)Turn Blue (The Black Keys)El Camino (The Black Keys)Brothers (The Black Keys)Paranoid (Black Sabbath)Hotel California (Eagles)Back In Black (AC/DC)Supernatural (Santana)

\m/\m/ You are very welcome…check out Stained Class & Hell Bent For Leather

S
Sadwings
Back in the mid 90's, I actually ran a CD Business in my basement, it was called Diamonds & Rust Music"…shocker name, right?…for thse who know me.
I can say that I did pretty well, I specialized in Hard to find, out of print and new up coming bands. I was getting tired of going to the mall and not finding any new Metal bands. I friend of mine turn me onto Goldmine Magazine, and I found another dealer of music in the general area…A whole new world was opened. I ran it for about 5 years…met my idols, with back stage passes because I bought from the record companies directly. To this day, I still have creates of CD's. Last time I checked…maybe 1700
Quote:
Things were definitely different in the ‘80s. People weren’t so damned pessimistic and cynical, there was no internet or chat rooms which meant kids actually went outside to play and hang out with friends, there were no cell phones or Facebook or Twitter… As “connected” as the internet supposedly makes us, the world today feels noticably cold and impersonal compared to back then. Honestly, as much as I enjoy the internet, if it were to disappear tomorrow I wouldn't miss it. Maybe because I know how to interact with real, live people lolBut enough of that. It's not my intention to take this thread off-topic.

Well said Lon! I couldn't have said it any better!
linkinpark232
I would miss the internet because then I wouldn't be able to see tabs. Lol that's all I use it for
Quote:
\m/\m/ You are very welcome…check out Stained Class & Hell Bent For LeatherS
I saw Hell Bent For Leather at Walmart. That was when I was only just getting into Priest. I should have bought it! The Green Manalishi rocks! And by the way, did you see my new profile picture?
linkinpark232
Lol Walmart. Last time I bought a CD from there was like 9 years ago. I mean I don't think they're allowed to sell the stuff I listen to so why would I?
Quote:
Lol Walmart. Last time I bought a CD from there was like 9 years ago. I mean I don't think they're allowed to sell the stuff I listen to so why would I?
They have a better selection than Target.
linkinpark232
Okay, okay someone answer this question: is A Day In The Life by Beatles about suicide? Haven't listened to them in years and just now realized what the lyrics were saying. So, is it about suicide?
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
...I specialized in Hard to find, out of print and new up coming bands. I was getting tired of going to the mall and not finding any new Metal bands. I friend of mine turn me onto Goldmine Magazine, and I found another dealer of music in the general area…A whole new world was opened. I ran it for about 5 years…met my idols, with back stage passes because I bought from the record companies directly. To this day, I still have creates of CD's. Last time I checked…maybe 1700

That's awesome, man. Little shops like that were always my favorite. I was never a fan of the big chain stores (I'm a full-on Generation X-er, as anti-corporate as they come LOL). I can't count the number of musical jewels I found in indie CD shops and record stores. It's a real shame that those kinds of shops are dropping like flies thanks to everything going digital. I love that feeling of going into an indie shop and browsing through rack after rack of CDs and records, as opposed to pulling up a list and scrolling online.

Reply to this thread