Here's a pretty cool reverb pedal that allow trails and very long sustain. The demo uses a guitar but it works for bass as well (frequency response of the pedal goes down to 20 Hz). They sent me a sound clip for bass and it sounds nice, warm, fat, and is very well articulated - not muddy sounding at all. Made in Latvia. ZCAT pedals.
So I've now played using this pedal, and it is a great guitar pedal, but not as great for bass. The sustain feature essentially doesn't work for bass; and you need to keep the mix knob below 10 o' clock (meaning only a relatively small portion of the total range available) or the reverb gets hugely boomy and muddy. So not recommended for bass.
45:20 - does anyone know how to get a tone similar to that? Thats the demo version of First the Heart, he uses the same tone on the album but I put this one instead because the bass is more audible (it has sax on it)
Sounds like a DI to me, that or an overdrive with a lot of clean and, bewteen low and middle gain (let's say around 9 o clock) and a bunch of other settings (for that overdrive) the strings (and pick) and equilizer are largely responsible for this tone, by guessing I would say a lot of low mid and some treble
Thanks a lot. I have neither overdrive or DI, but I really like this tone and want my version of it (similar, but not exactly the same) Any recommendations for pedals?