0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What is the hardest song you have learned or are learning on bass?

Quote:
I would probably have to say that would be Bomb track by Rage Against The Machine.
That one is tough.
the hardest I've learned so far is Asylum by Disturbed, I've only been playing a year now and I'm currently 16 so to me thats pretty good, for now… I'm currently looking into Gustavo Dal Farra which worries me more than the Victor Wooten bass solo I'm almost done with (its just one section of the solo and its simple but catchy) if i can learn anything by Gustavo Dal Farra I'll collapse with joy and feel my fingers fall off
Quote:
the hardest I've learned so far is Asylum by Disturbed, I've only been playing a year now and I'm currently 16 so to me thats pretty good, for now… I'm currently looking into Gustavo Dal Farra which worries me more than the Victor Wooten bass solo I'm almost done with (its just one section of the solo and its simple but catchy) if i can learn anything by Gustavo Dal Farra I'll collapse with joy and feel my fingers fall off
Aslyum is a good one. Not easy at first, but once you get the pick pattern down, doesn't take long to learn the rest. Took me a week or so.I'm 19 BTW and learned the song when it came out. Great Album.
yeah, but it only got to Gold rather than Platinum like all of their others
LoudLon [moderator]
Most recently, “From Under the Dust” by Letters to Cleo. The bass is strong but tends to get lost in the heavy distortion during the chorus. I played that thing over and over – no kidding, a good 20 or so times. Did the best I could but I'm certain there are still some flubs in there.
Quote:
yeah, but it only got to Gold rather than Platinum like all of their others
That's a shame, should of got Platinum
Cheekychuck
So far, the hardest has been “ as she's waking away” by Zac Brown band. Great cover on utube by miki santamaria(thanks). Learned one note at a time. Long process but worth it
Slow and steady, best approach Chuck.

Reply to this thread