0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Does Metallica even have any actual 5 string songs?

Quote:
I think Burton is too overated. And Newsted didn't have to use distortion on every damn song
Jason Newsted is definitely underrated.

Favorite part at 2:41. My Friend of Misery.
linkinpark232
I know he's underrated. Now they've got that stupid Middle East/Hispanic whatever he is Robert Trujillio. Shoulda kept Newsted
linkinpark232
The production Justice was total shit. That album killed my head, sure a couple good songs but the production of it had everything blaring li loud and practically no bass at all to smooth it out
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
I know he's underrated. Now they've got that stupid Middle East/Hispanic whatever he is Robert Trujillio. Shoulda kept Newsted

It's Trujillo, and he's an American-born latino. And your comment is dangerously close to sounding flat-out racist. Just sayin'.

As for Newsted, it's not about whether they should have kept him or not. Hetfield was a notorious control freak and Newsted was feeling creatively stifled. He wanted to try other things so he left. Plain and simple.

Incidentally, Trujillo is every bit the bassist Newsted was, and then some. Look up the isolated bass track for All Nightmare Long on YouTube and listen to how fast Trujillo plays – and it's all finger-style. I'd dare say he's a better player than even Burton.
linkinpark232
Listen to Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse. He plays finger-style so Mr. T doesn't impress me besides in Suicidal Tendencies
linkinpark232
Okay just bought Kill Em All I cd, already had it on tape with “Am I Evil?” on it is that rare?, and opened it up to see Hammett on the back of the liner notes. He had shit to do with this album, Mustaine did all of what Hammett gets credit for. Went through the liner notes and saw that for Motorbreath it says “(J. Hetfield”. I thought Mustaine wrote that, may be wrong
linkinpark232
Also does anyone know what basses Newsted used? Whatever he used it had great tone
Quote:
Also does anyone know what basses Newsted used? Whatever he used it had great tone
Not sure what he used, but I kinda liked his clean tone more than Cliff's fuzzy distortion.
linkinpark232
Yeah I mentioned that earlier. It sounds better to have it clean unless you're using basic overdrive that ain't too heavy or else it sounds like a huge fart

Reply to this thread