0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Ideas for Bass Lesson tabs

just3boyz
10 years ago
Report this message
Hey everybody!
I've been submitting tabs for a few weeks now and i've sort of just been submitting whatever comes to mind.
So i figured that i would ask what you guys were looking for instead of just sending in random crap.
I have a bachelors degree in Jazz Studies and i feel like I can shead a lot of light on all kinds of subjects.
In the ten years i've been playing i've played in rock, alternative, jazz, funk, blues, folk, acoustic finger style,
post-punk, post-rock, post-hardcore, prog. metal, death-core, doom metal, pop and world music groups.
Please let me know what you guys are looking for.
I'm trying to become a professional instructor and i'm trying to figure out how clear my lessons are.
help me help you!
Thanks,
Just3boyz
linkinpark232
Teenage Nosferatu Pussy by Rob Zombie
just3boyz
Just so you know Linkinpark232, i ment for this to be more for bass lessons than songs.
but since you've been nice guy, i'll check out the song and see what i can do.
let me know if you have any ideas for bass lesson tabs and keep your eyes open for that Rob Zombie tab!
just3boyz
you know what, i'll accept song requests to. why not ya know!?
LoudLon [moderator]
Honestly, while I play well and have no problem figuring out songs I want to learn by ear and can improvise and all that, I'm completely self-taught and have never really sat down to properly learn stuff like scales and theory. Couldn't tell a Phrygian mode from a Pentatonic scale, that kind of thing. So anything along those lines would be great.
just3boyz
LoudLon - I've been meaning to post a Chord/Scale Theory Bass Lesson.
It will basically be a tab describing how certain scales work over certain chords.
That should be just the thing you're looking for!
I'll get to that next week. I'm going to Banaroo agian so i won't be posting anything till next week.
In the mean time…
you should check out this tab i did of “Don't forget me” by the chili peppers.
I explain a lot of tricks you can use to improvise and compose bass lines, fills and solos.
here's the link:

http://www.bigbasstabs.com/red_hot_chili_peppers_bass_tabs/dont_forget_me_creating_your_own_fills.html

Hopefully that will help you.
Let me know if there's anything else you have in mind or if there's something more i can do to help.
linkinpark232
Oh okay sorry. I took it the wrong way. Thanks though!
just3boyz
no worries man. i'm gonna start taking song requests too. might as well.
linkinpark232
I see you're doing effects. Would delay be an option?
just3boyz
I could try to come up with something for delay. I'll have to sit on that for a little while though. My friend broke my line 6 delay so I haven't used it in a while. If I were you I'd hit up YouTube and look up demo videos for whatever kind of pedal you have. I'm gonna sit on that idea for a while and try to come up with something good. Nice suggestion! Wasn't expecting that!
linkinpark232
Thanks! I had to buy a delay for certain guitar solos and now it's just sitting around since I traded my guitar

Reply to this thread