0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Who's your Idol/favourite artist?

linkinpark232
Never said he was bad.
IamMark
I like how Flea was able to take his classical jazz background and love of Bootsy Colins and develop his own style.

I don't think you'll find anyone who would say Flea isn't a tallented musician.

But his style doesn't qualify as an “idol” or “fovorite artist” to me. But he is really, really good at what he does.
Sadwings
Quote:
Cliff Burton, Steve Harris, David Ellefson, Frank Bello, Geezer Butler, Geddy Lee, etc.
Totally agree…however Ian Hill is a remarkable bass play as well…more on the Rocka Rolla & Sadwings of Destiny releases. In those days, he didnt use a pick, like now a days. Very blusey early on. Check out those two releases.
Leiria
Quote:
Never said he was bad.
Sorry if I seemed rude its jutst that he was the first bass player I started to admire. There are indeed better but he will alway be special for me
Ezzo
Curt Smith and… John Taylor!
Marko1960
James Jamerson, Bernard Edwards, Carlos Dengler, Ronnie Wood, Billy Sheehan
johnny [staff]
Billy Sheehan for me as well.
Towelie
Entwistle has always been one of my favorite bassists to listen to even before I started playing myself, but I wouldn't consider him as an idol since his playing is so loose and erratic I really can't emulate it at all no matter how hard I try.

I guess Geddy Lee would be my bass idol.
just3boyz
It's hard to answer this question. There have been so many players that have been so important to my own developement. Flea got me into it, guys like john paul jones, colin greenwood and James Jamerson taught me how to play the role of the bass and still be unique and guys like Jaco and Vic taught me how to re-invent the instrument. Kristian Dunn has also been a big influence on my work with loops. I think the important thing to keep in mind is that all of these guys have there own value and there is something to learn from all the greats. I've seen to many musicians get to wrapped up into what one musician is doing. They forget that there is so much more out there then just what that one guy is doing. I'm not trying to say that having an Idol is bad. i'm just saying the more open minded you are…the more you'll learn. remember all of these amazing bass players are people…just like you and me.
Cheekychuck
Quote:
It's hard to answer this question. There have been so many players that have been so important to my own developement. Flea got me into it, guys like john paul jones, colin greenwood and James Jamerson taught me how to play the role of the bass and still be unique and guys like Jaco and Vic taught me how to re-invent the instrument. Kristian Dunn has also been a big influence on my work with loops. I think the important thing to keep in mind is that all of these guys have there own value and there is something to learn from all the greats. I've seen to many musicians get to wrapped up into what one musician is doing. They forget that there is so much more out there then just what that one guy is doing. I'm not trying to say that having an Idol is bad. i'm just saying the more open minded you are…the more you'll learn. remember all of these amazing bass players are people…just like you and me.

That's deep, man

Reply to this thread