0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

A penalty for users

ok im sick of this. johnny message me when you are on we need to talk. i would say what im thinking but im grown up enough to not swear on the forum… im tired of a site i pour hours of my time into being trolled and walked all over by newbs and trolls. im done debating with people who run in a circle. this is why democracy sucks. nobody can make up their mind.
IamMark
I've been on other forums where you have the ability to “block” or squelch any user. That way you simply don't see what that asshole is posting. Unless someone else who you don't have blocked actually quotes the nonsense.

It works for the individual, but the new user to the site or the casual forum user would see all the garbage on the forum, and I think that's what the guys on top of the mountain are trying to avoid alltogether.
yeah i know. im just tired of the gong show.. im tired of people who have literally done nothing for this site but make 5 or 10 forum posts thinking they have a say…. really im tired of indulging people who don't give back… if someone does not post on the forum and or upload tabs.. they don't get a voice as far as im concerned. and no i dont mean you need hundreds of them, i just mean to get a say you need to make a real contribution. and yes squelching a person would be a great feature… but as you see the masses think that only a mod should be able to squelch someone so they dont bother the person.. which is kinda backwards i think
Quote:
A block user button would be in the hands of a staff member, i wouldn't like to see it operated by anyone else

so you propose if someone is being a troll or annoying you. you have to read their msgs and recieve their PM's until a mod is online? why should you not be able to hit block like on fb so they cannot talk to you?
linkinpark232
You mad bro?
Quote:
You mad bro?

yeah im getting a bit annoyed lol. not with u tho link
mayhem
Maybe i misread what you were getting at slam. For me to block a person that was sending me unwanted messages, yes i agree with that. I thought you meant a mod having the power to block people/remove them, which i think is a staff member issue. I hope that clarifies things?
yeah a little lol i was talking about blocking a person from contacting the user only. not blocking them off the site. i had referenced that earlier for senior users then suggested a block button for users may be easier
LP
I don't really see the need for getting angry over this. Who rattled your cage slam? I'm sure you would be an excellent choice as a mod for this site as you seem to spend more hours in here than anyone else. I'm sure johnny & co staff have the situation in hand to select a mod or mods to help monitor this fine site. Other than being available to be a mod there is not a lot you can do about it till you are contacted.
its not about the mod aspect at all. i got upset because literally 50% of the threads people create get hijacked and way off topic. its not even just me it happens to

Reply to this thread