0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

IamMark
Quote:
You only need to replace the knobs and you've got a new amp
And the metal case.

As much as I love that amp, I'm starting to think the $360 I've spent in repairing a 21-year old amp may not have been so wise. I could have ponied up a little more and got a newer more powerful amp.
Marko1960
Thats like saying “I wish I hadnt spent £350 on my dogs operation, I could have had him put to sleep for 25 quid and bought a new one”
IamMark
I'm not operating on a 21-year old dog.
Sidsquishus
If you've got the sound in your head coming out of your rig, it's worth fixing your amp/cabinet/…. My opinion.
Marko1960
Quote:
I'm not operating on a 21-year old dog.
What I mean is your amp is like a part of the family and getting rid isnt an option, unless it starts forgetting things and leaving a mess everywhere it goes, then its off to the happy farm
IamMark
No, I get what you and Squishy are saying. And I agree with you both.

I'm just venting that it's tough parting with a chunk of money when you could use it towards an upgrade or something more reliable. I've never had amp problems before. Whether it was my Yorkville prior to the lightning strike, or my GK I once had, or even my Crate practice amp (although I think the Crate is getting ready to shit the bed), so I don't know if amps are like cars, and as soon as one thing goes south it's usually a sign of a bunch of things to come.

I hope that's not the case for my Yorkville. I'd like to think the factory sees the longevity of their product as a badge of honor, so when they saw my 21-year old amp come in, they took special care to get it right to send it back out for another 21 or more years.
IamMark
I got my Yorkville amp back today and it sounds glorious!

Very happy!
Sidsquishus
Happy for you!
Marko1960
Alls well that ends…
Leiria
Glad it worked out well for you

On another topic: if I spray paint a pickguard and let it dry properly will the paint stay? Will it fade fast?

Reply to this thread