0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

MotorMog
I can't see an active input on your amp head or limiter switch so yes it could well be your active pickups are just too hot for the head to handle so it's clipping
You could possibly try a preamp or compression pedal to adjust the input from your bass to head, these can be “borrowed” from Amazon !

Marko1960
Its hard to imagine a 300 watt head through a 400 cab ‘Clipping’ but that seems to be the problem here. Try the Jag in ‘Passive’ mode, ie, take the battery out, just to see if its the active pups.

I also think its time we added an ‘S’ to the end of Tech Guy as there are lots of people on this thread giving excellent advice.
2nick3
Quote:
I also think its time we added an ā€˜Sā€™ to the end of Tech Guy as there are lots of people on this thread giving excellent advice.

I can start giving bad advice if that will help balance things out.
johnny [staff]
the ‘s’ is here.
Marko1960
Thanks Johnny
Thanks guys, I tried taking the battery out, but without a battery there is no output signal with the Jaguar system. If it is a clipping problem, then would that be a amp problem? I know the Berhinger amp is not the best quality amp and am thinking this is the problem. I heard that the Fender Jaguar Bass is a pretty good bass for the price. I am comfortable playing it and like the controls as they are easy to manipulate. If the bass speaker is sub par could that be the cause of this clipping issue? Since I live in Costa Rica, it is difficult to get quality part replacements.
MotorMog
I think you've already proved the head and speaker are ok as your friends passive plays with no issues so that a positive

My Fender Rumble75 combo has a separate passive and active input ,my Ampeg pf350 head also has an active button to reduce the input db level and also a limiter switch to stop clipping unfortunately yours has neither

The Rumble has no problem with me using either input with my active thunderbird but my ampeg needs the active button and limiter on otherwise it clips especially with the gain past halfway

In fact I've been so fed with dialing in my amp settings with the thunderbird/ampeg set up I've switched to only playing my passive Chris Aitken Squier p bass through it

I would still give a compressor/limiter pedal ago first though to see if that sorts it they are relatively cheap
http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Guitar/Guitar-Stompboxes/CL9/p/P0546/Features#Whether-it-s-a-milion-dolar-hok-or-a-soul-

And yes that fender jag is a very nice bit of kit I've only been fortunate enough to of had the squier vintage modified version in the past ,looked the business in candy apple red
Marko1960
Clipping isn't a fault with your amp its just a failsafe system built in, but it can be a right pain in the arse. As Motormog says, a Compressor/Limiter pedal is an essential piece of kit, buy a good one though, I've got a Behringer and its crap
IamMark
So my licensed Yorkville technician wasn't able to fix my amp. He replaced everything but the mother board. He called Yorkville and they said to ship it to Canada and they'd take a look.

Guy called today to tell me it's fixed. $290. Ouch.

Tech said Yorkville had to replace the board and a couple othe parts he didn't touch.

I get it back on Friday. Hope I'm done with this.
Marko1960
You only need to replace the knobs and you've got a new amp

Reply to this thread