0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

Marko1960

Why didn't you take his hands off?!!!!
IamMark
I called the tech and told him what I'm dealing with. He was apologetic, but said with lightning strikes it could be one or a series of things that continuously go bad.

I'm driving the 90 miles Friday to have him take another look.

Over the phone he said it was probably some “cap” or secondary something in the power supply. I don't know… lots of technical mumbo jumbo that I can't follow. I just want it fixed!
IamMark
So I just heard back from the technician. It turns out that eight transistors went bad 4 for the power and 4 for the preamp.

The technician needs to get the parts directly from the Yorkville manufacturer so I'm without my amp for another 2 weeks.
Sidsquishus
Don't you have a back up?
IamMark
No. I don't need it right away.

I don't play with anyone frequently, so I can practice with my little Crate 25w unit.

And when I do play out, I usually just plug into the PA board.
Marko1960
Wow, I was close, I said resistors and capacitors on the circuit board

Bosh
Marko1960
What a guy!
IamMark
Yep. This lightning strike has been a nightmare for me. I'm contemplating selling the amp to avoid any future electrical issues with it.

But I loved that amp so much! Hard to part with something unique and powerful like that.

Or maybe I should save up for a reliable back-up, as Sid suggests.
Marko1960
My 1975, U S built Peavey TNT 150 is bomb proof with no issues at all, had to be mic'ed in the studio though
While I am playing my bass the sound cuts out for just a second from time to time. I have a Fender Squier Vintage Modified JaguarĀ® Bass Special HB (active pickups). I am playing through a Behringer UltraBass B3000H solid state head. I built my own speaker cabinet with a 15" speaker. There is no information on the bass speaker except that it is a 4 ohm 400 watt speaker. I have replaced the nine volt battery connector, the cable for the guitar and the cable to the speaker. When I play this bass through my Peavey Practice amp I have no problem. The strange thing is that when I play my friends Yamaha bass with passive pickups through the Behringer amp, there is no problem. I have no idea what is going on. Why does the Jaguar Bass have no problem with the Peavey amp, but with the Berhinger. And why does the Yamaha bass have no problem with the Behringer Amp? Do the active pickups have anything to do with overloading the Behringer Amp? Does the speaker have anything to do with it? Where do I start to try and trouble shoot this problem?

Reply to this thread