U.K. Subs - Stranglehold
Quote:
U.K. Subs - Stranglehold

good one
Marko1960
The Animals, ‘We Gotta Get Outta This Place’

…adopted by the 101st Airborne Division
Quote:
The Animals, ‘We Gotta Get Outta This Place’…adopted by the 101st Airborne Division

Implying?
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: The Animals, ‘We Gotta Get Outta This Place’…adopted by the 101st Airborne Division Implying?

Nothing , he's just stating a fact

I can see a lets bash Marko turn to this thread so let's move on aye
Marko1960
It's ok Mog I'll explain. During the Vietnam war, the U S 101st Airborne Division adopted this song, probably something to do with getting out of a desperate place which is what the song is about. I can't think of anything I could have been implying, it's just a statement of fact, and another fact is Chas Chandler never touched the E string for the entirety of the song. One more fact with no implications, Chas Chandler discovered Jimi Hendrix playing in a bar in New York and brought him to the UK and launched his career, wether or not he said I've got to get you out of this place I can't say.
Merry Christmas everyone and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you all.

I'm off to consume an elegant sufficiency now
Quote:
Quote: Quote: The Animals, ‘We Gotta Get Outta This Place’…adopted by the 101st Airborne Division Implying? Nothing , he's just stating a fact I can see a lets bash Marko turn to this thread so let's move on aye

A fact I was not aware of & nothing to do with Marko bashing. I was seeking clarification & now I have it.
Quote:
It's ok Mog I'll explain. During the Vietnam war, the U S 101st Airborne Division adopted this song, probably something to do with getting out of a desperate place which is what the song is about. I can't think of anything I could have been implying, it's just a statement of fact, and another fact is Chas Chandler never touched the E string for the entirety of the song. One more fact with no implications, Chas Chandler discovered Jimi Hendrix playing in a bar in New York and brought him to the UK and launched his career, wether or not he said I've got to get you out of this place I can't say.Merry Christmas everyone and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you all.I'm off to consume an elegant sufficiency now

Thanks for the explanation Marko & Merry Xmas to you. Some people reading something into nothing eh!
Marko1960
Alls well that ends well. Merry Christmas

Reply to this thread