0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Classic 80s Song for Bass Players

IamMark
10 years ago
Report this message
Two part thread. First, I totally suck at searching for tabs (Johnny can attest to this), but I've searched and searched, then prayed and searched… But can't find Big Country's In a Big Country. What a shame… Great song, great band.

Second, and the real point to this thread… Please make recommendations to classic 1980s songs, where the bass lines are fun (and challenging) to play. If there's tabs to your recommendation (linky link?) even better!

What say you BBT?
Ezzo
I found nothing about the Information Society
LoudLon [moderator]
I have an Information Society song on my to-do list. Think I'll add Big Country to it as well, since Mark got me thinking about it.
Ezzo
From what I see, Blondie tabs are updated. Bigbass have “a rose by any name” (new music). Good work
Sidsquishus
It has been a couple of years since I looked, but I was also unable to find a tab of In A Big Country. So I second the motion for a tab of this song.

Secondly, I think you'll want a chorus pedal for this one IamMark.
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
If anyone needs me, you know where to find gentlemen
bass freak
Whoever decides to tab In A Big Country i'm looking forward to it, great song!
LoudLon [moderator]
I just submitted We Got the Beat by The Go-Go's, so there's another '80s tab for you.
softcell62
Looking forward to trying out We Got The Beat Lon
Marko1960
Echo And The Bunnymen, The Killing Moon, in fact anything by the Bunnymen, I used to love playing along to them, really fun basslines

Reply to this thread