0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Figured this wouldn't be seen in tab requests...

Keagator
12 years ago
Report this message
Could someone please tab the whole children's song “I'm a little teapot” it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
afults
Actually, that would be kind of cool, wouldn't it? Glad you asked! Because, you know a bass can fit into so many different types of music, and childrens music is all too often overlooked. But how would you get them involved if you didn't practice music that was on their level? Now, the question is, my friend, do you want the bass tab to follow the song melody, or be strictly a backup piece? Or perhaps both? Because i might take a look into this and attempt to figure it out!
Keagator
Quote:
Actually, that would be kind of cool, wouldn't it? Glad you asked! Because, you know a bass can fit into so many different types of music, and childrens music is all too often overlooked. But how would you get them involved if you didn't practice music that was on their level? Now, the question is, my friend, do you want the bass tab to follow the song melody, or be strictly a backup piece? Or perhaps both? Because i might take a look into this and attempt to figure it out!

I would love it if you could do the melody.
BassLady
I was recently trained as a guitar teacher by a great organization called Little Kids Rock. Their theory is to introduce kids to music via today's music, i.e. rock and pop, not old-fashioned kids songs.

In the past I have taught kids to play songs like 3 Blind Mice because they were easy but that was boring. LKR gave its teachers lists of 1, 2 and 3 chord rock songs and the kids learn much faster and with more enthusiasm.

I guess that “Teapot” is a classic but I'd rather teach kids the tune to Born in the USA and the like. IMHO.
Keagator
Quote:
i was recently trained as a guitar teacher by a great organization called Little Kids Rock. Their theory is to introduce kids to music via today's music, i.e. rock and pop, not old-fashioned kids songs. In the past I have taught kids to play songs like 3 Blind Mice because they were easy but that was boring. LKR gave its teachers lists of 1, 2 and 3 chord rock songs and the kids learn much faster and with more enthusiasm. I guess that "Teapot" is a classic but I'd rather teach kids the tune to Born in the USA and the like. IMHO.

Its not to teach kid, its for a skit I'm doing. We made our own lyrics to the song and I was asked to play bass to it.
This sounds right to me, but it could be in a different key. If I'm right, it's basically A, D, and E…

I just did root notes to the syllables, but you can always embellish.

Played exclusively on the ‘A’ string:

I'm a little teapot
short and stout
here is my handle
here is my spout
when I get all steamed up
hear me shout
tip me over and
pour me out

I hope that'll work for you
johnny [staff]
here's the melody in C

Tabs:
G|-----------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------10----10------------------------------|
A|---------8-10-----12----10--8-8-10-------------------|
E|-8-10-12---------------------------12-12--10-10-12-8-|

or you can make up bass lines over the chords.. almost all children songs use the I, IV and V chords exclusively (C,F,G)

Reply to this thread