0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Career in music?

Zaresht
10 years ago
Report this message
I need some advice here,Im completing my last year of high school and have to decide where to go next.Is music school worth it?I have a passion for music,although I started playing bass a year ago but ive been a guitarist too for three years.I have a passion for music since a very long time,I live my life in terms of music,use it to escape stress,bad grades and daily problems.I was thinking of pursuing a career in music,maybe as a sound engineer.But the only thing im worried about is a secure future?

Ive seen audio engineers recording different bands and even guitar and bass techs too like billy howerdel.

Approximately how much do sound engineers earn? Can you make a living out of it working in a studio?
johnny [staff]
totally depends on where you live. where are you from?
Sidsquishus
I think it would be difficult to do this in your country.

That said, I do believe a person should pursue their dream of life, their passion, if they wish to be happy in life.

Pat Collier started as a bassist, then put together a recording studio (in London) and made a good living renting out practice space, recording sessions, and working as a recording engineer. So your idea is possible, in London at least.
Zaresht
Well Im an Australian citizen but currently in Pakistan .I know theres no value of music in this country thats why Im moving back to Australia next year.
So yeah ill be spending the rest of my life in Australia.
Sidsquishus
I would expect a career in music/recording to be entirely possible in Australia.
LoudLon [moderator]
Arnold Schwarzenegger became a millionaire bodybuilder and American movie star and governor despite coming from Austria and having an almost impenetrable accent. If you want it badly enough, anything is possible.

Want it. Work for it. Get it.
kozmo
first off if you enjoy what your doin it aint a job,full sail academy in NYC is prob the best recording engineering school out there ,it is costlybetween playin gigs and workin for a studio ,youll squeek by,never know you could be in the right place at the right time and hit it big,ONE NEVER KNOW<DO ONE,howlin wolf said it best LIFE IS LIKE DA BLUES ,DA BLUES IS LIFE <NO MORE <NO LESS GOOD LUCK DOWN UNDER MATE
kozmo
ps the justin fuckin beeber look alike picture they put in my spot aint me,and its startin to piss me off,actually madder than a queer with tosilitis on valentines day,im so pissed i could drown puppies,or scream like a mashed cat peace
LoudLon [moderator]
You're so pissed that you could make a homophobic joke and alienate your fellow members!

To change your avatar, left-click on it and it'll open a window allowing you to upload your own. Easy-peasy.
mayhem
Nicely said LoudLon
Quote:
You're so pissed that you could make a homophobic joke and alienate your fellow members!To change your avatar, left-click on it and it'll open a window allowing you to upload your own. Easy-peasy.
Yes, it was quite easy.

Reply to this thread