What would you replace first?

Pickups?
Bridge?
tuners?
something else?
linkinpark232
Pickups and bridge
Marko1960
How cheap? I wouldnt put Seymour Duncans on an Encore for instance, upgrading is a great idea but the donor has to be at least half decent
purplez
i got a lefty bc300 stagg bass s/h for £30
usually £150 new.. its ok..strings feel a bit wooden and lifeless though.
Quote:
i got a lefty bc300 stagg bass s/h for £30usually £150 new.. its ok..strings feel a bit wooden and lifeless though.
What kind of music do you play? Cretin strings provide different tones for different kinds of music. I would personally recommend Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Bass strings.
Sidsquishus
First and foremost, I'd worry about the stickers cheers
purplez
Quote:
Quote: i got a lefty bc300 stagg bass s/h for £30usually £150 new.. its ok..strings feel a bit wooden and lifeless though. What kind of music do you play? Cretin strings provide different tones for different kinds of music. I would personally recommend Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Bass strings.

I like to play a bit of everything, I was thinking of trying flatwounds as they don't stringsqueak so much?
I kinda like deeper reggae-ish tone, not into slap tone,if that helps?
Flatwounds would be the way to go for reggae, but try out some Ernie Ball's. They are very versitle.
purplez
I ordered some flatwounds

For a cheap end bass I like it so far. it sustains a note really well.
Sidsquishus
Perhaps there is nothing about it that needs upgrading? Upgrade to fix a problem. If there is no problem, no need to throw money at an upgrade.

Reply to this thread