0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

To all BASS TAB Copy Pasters Out There

DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
10 years ago
Report this message
Apparently im not the only one whos getting there tabs copied around the internet.Theres people out there taking credit for bass tabs other people have already submitted. Im my opinion its not fair these people can get away with this but then again theres no copyright law for this (i think).

As well as this, ive noticed some of the users on our page (i wont say any names but i know who they are) are posting tabs that already have been posted in sites like: ultimeguitar, ttabs, guitarexplorer , etc. I already had my encounter with one of these thieves and the person has stopped posting bass tabs for a while.

Listen all i want to say is dont post tabs just to be better than anyone or the top head honcho here, post tabs that you out of hours of listening to songs over and over again like i do, post them for people to learn for new commers to play, this isnt a competition, this is a site for us to teach the bass players around the world , thats why i got started to post bass tabs, so i can teach people who like when i started playing bass didnt know anything.

I also want to thank the basstabbers on this site whove done a most excellent job, i dont have to mention their names they know who they are tabbing their: rock, classic rock,punk rock, TBM, Kings of Leon, Duran duran as well as those whove taken their time off to answer and post the requested tabs on the site. So take a bow guys and girls youve done a more than excellent job.

So please dont steal some else's hard work to take credit, take th time to sit down listen to the songs patiently and step by step, note by note tab them

-DANNYBASSMAN93
linkinpark232
I don't understand why people do that. If I can't find a bass tab for a song that has the same guitar riff, I just simplify the guitar part. But if there's a bass tab that's right I'll leave that to someone else to copy
johnny [staff]
You gotta look at this from the other side, maybe they're just trying to contribute something to a website that they particularly enjoy. Even if they're just copy pasting a tab from one website to another. Whether its our users submitting tabs found on the net or users of other websites taking our tabs.

Both of these things are happening, and I think in the long run it kinda evens out (some sites have tabs that were originally posted here, and some tabs here were originally posted on other sides).

We don't have a monopoly on a bass tabs website, but what we can do is just try to be the best we can be.

As for copyright law, some sites had trouble just by posting the tabs at all from the RIAA (remember one of the reasons the bassmasta sold his site to songsterr according to him?).

There have also been cases of some people saying that they have not submitted their tabs to this site and it found its way here anyway and they wanted it removed so we complied and deleted it. I think we're less likely to get these kind of requests when people credit the original author. Slaminger did a good job of that when he credited the original author even though he corrected the tabs himself.

Bottom line, some people just wanna help out and bringing tabs for songs they love to a place they love is a way of helping out and we shouldn't be hard on them (I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that there is no competition here). I'm sure they're not copy pasting tabs to be better than anyone, they're doing it because they feel a need to contribute (like most of us).
Yeah johnny but for example if they didnt write they shouldnt post it, its not their right as author of the tab itself its like cheating bro, and yes linkinpark232 youre absolutely right thats one of the best ways to tab a song
I myself just sit down and try to play it by ear on the piano and when i get the bass line right i transpose it to a bass tab, that or i get the chords out by ear and after wards i construct the bass tab using either the scale rift of every note, the arpegio rift of everynote, or in some song cases hammerons and pull offs
johnny [staff]
Try not to feel as though this diminishes the work you do, it really doesn't. I have a lot of respect for you and the work you have done for this website, and everyone who uses your tabs to learn songs knows that a lot of time and effort has went into them. Even though there's people who submit work that they aren't the authors of, it doesn't make your tabs or your contributions less amazing.

Remember when this site had loads of your tabs before you got here and then I credited them to you, because they found there way from the bassmasta to here after bassmasta went down? I'm more than happy to do that to anyone who claims some tab is theirs. But I really can't and won't be a hardass to people who copy paste tabs, principally because our tabs are also found on other sites frequently and we don't give them a hard time either. I believe it all evens out in the end (our tabs get posted elsewhere, we get tabs from all over the place) Like I said, we don't worry about this and try to be the best we can be.
Marko1960
I dont do tabs, full stop, I give people advice and the best advice I can give is, make your own basslines, dont copy other peoples. Lets not forget that these basslines were written by one person in the beginning and any tabber is stealing the original work. I will probably be heavily criticised for pointing this out and will leave the forum if certain people think I should go.
TheDude [staff]
Quote:
I will probably be heavily criticised for pointing this out and will leave the forum if certain people think I should go.
lol, why would anyone think you should go? everyone has a crush on you.
Marko1960
Haha, thanks Dude, youre kinda cute yourself lol
softcell62
I don't really care how the tabs get on this site. Just keep them coming!
boppa
I reference this site to get help on some of the songs my guitar teacher has given me. I think we all have our perception on tabs for a song we enjoy.

I look at the tabs posted more as homage to the original artist and a great resource for a snot nosed rookie like myself. Besides, I don't want to get yelled at in my next lesson.

Reply to this thread