Marko1960
I'm a Fosters man, you drink like a 50s Chevvy! I don't know how you do it
Marko1960
Practice?
MotorMog
Quote:
I'm a Fosters man, you drink like a 50s Chevvy! I don't know how you do it

Been off for a week now and not bored of all day drinking yet

But not had a drink yet as I'm off to see Peter And The Test Tube Babies in Brighton tonight , thinking probably best to keep my sh*t together til I get the village bus at half four and have a few at the train station to kick things off

But then again the bus stop is outside the pub and its bound to be late

More practice
LP
Quote:
Quote: 2012, it was a good year Whitney may not agree Lemmy passed three years ago today ,I shall be raising a glass or few jack n cokes tonight in his honour

Was it really 2012 Whitney passed away? How time flies.
Even sadder was the passing of Davy Jones from The Monkees in 2012.
Marko1960
How can one death be more sad than another? Especially when you compare a Tambourinist with a singer
Quote:
How can one death be more sad than another? Especially when you compare a Tambourinist with a singer

Easy! The passing of Davy Jones was more personal to me than that of Whitney! Others may disagree but that is my opinion.
LP
Quote:

Davy did a bit more than just play tambourine, same way that Whitney did a bit more drugs than just sing.
how true
Marko1960
Davy Jones was there because he was English, not because he was a great singer, Mickey Dolenz did the singing, not a problem cos someone else did the drumming. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Monkees music, I watched the programme on a tiny black and white screen in the sixties, but let's not pretend they were anything other than unashamedly manufactured, yes they were great musicians, Michael Nesmith in particular but let's not lose sight of the facts.
And as for Whitney, she was diabolical, she has started a trend for female singers to whale and warble and make an awful cocophany, Dusty Springfield never felt the need to over strain her vocal chords, she sang like an angel without even trying. I wanted to tear Whitney down but didn't want slating in the process

Reply to this thread