0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Grammy Awards Horrifying as usual.

johnny880
Did anyone catch the Run Dmc Aerosmith screw up. They recovered nicely but sheeesh. Billy Eilesh. That was the best they could do. The only good thing about the Grammys were the boobs. And I am not talking about the performers. They were there too. Reveal anymore and you might as well make it the naked Grammys. Just saying… I could go on but I don't want to think about it anymore. Horrifying.
LoudLon [moderator]
As much as I love music, I stopped bothering with the Grammys a long time ago. I've not heard a lot of Billie Eilish songs, but what little I have heard only reminds me of other (and, IMO, better) alt-pop and indie rock bands from the ‘90s. She’s got a decent voice but not a lot of range, from what I can tell (again, to be fair, I've only heard a few of her tunes). Now, I'm not one to begrudge anyone their success. Clearly she has fans and is selling records, so more power to her. But based on what I've heard, I don't see what the big deal is.
LP
Probably it's my age but I just don't get today's music. All these award shows look the same & sound the same to me. Nothing original that makes me sit up & take notice. I'm sure there is some good stuff out there but I'm not hearing it.
johnny880
Quote:
Probably it's my age but I just don't get today's music. All these award shows look the same & sound the same to me. Nothing original that makes me sit up & take notice. I'm sure there is some good stuff out there but I'm not hearing it.
Its not your age. I am not hearing it either. I only mentioned Billy Eilsh because that was the best thing they had. While all the rest of the performers if you could say that took great pride in there skimpy costumes showing there T and A. She wore pajamas. Awesome. And I like playing the bass riff to Bad Guy. Funky beat fun to play. For what its worth. Reminds me a little of Wars Low Rider. Funky kind of vibe. Fun to mess around with as well…
johnny880
Oh ya. One more thing. The live videos I have seen of them performing Bad Guy. To get the timing right. They don't play with a guitarist. I dig that. Woo-Hoo no guitarist to ruin things. At least on that song. I have not heard anything else from them. I just like the bass on that song. I am like that. If I like the bass I will play it. Doesn't matter what type of music it is…

Reply to this thread