0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Holiday gear acquisitions?

2nick3
Anyone else make any holiday acquisitions?

I added a 2001 Ibanez BTB405QM to the herd.

My wife heard me make a few comments about needing a 5-string to deal with all of the Bb songs we do at church (the Eb needs to be low - it doesn't sound right on D1) and went to Guitar Center on her own (bless her!) and bought me a GSR205SM. It was OK, the body was beautiful, the frets were finished pretty well, but that Phat II EQ was out of control. So I went back to GC (bless me!) and traded it for the used BTB. Gorgeous bass (will be better when I clean it - you'd think people would clean their gear before trading it in to get a better price!), sounds great, the active EQ is useful (mid-range sweep is a fun new feature to play with), and I got it for almost a straight trade for the GSR205!

Anyone else get new “toys” for the holidays?
mr zee
Not a sausage since I got my ric for my 60th in August.
Hl7n
Brand new Epiphone Thunderbird!
IamMark
I got a new strap from a band mate.

Kids bought me coffee and ear buds.
Marko1960
I got Jack, music wise, Jack Daniels wise I got three bottles of Jack. So yeah, Jack
Marko1960
Quote:
Brand new Epiphone Thunderbird!
There's been complete threads on that bass and it comes out well in people's praise so, yeah, you did OK there
mr zee
I have an Epiphone T bird, bought the badly damaged body complete with neck for £60. Bought some cheap second hand bits n bobs to kit it out and ended up with this.
mr zee

This is the body before I started,
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: Brand new Epiphone Thunderbird! There's been complete threads on that bass and it comes out well in people's praise so, yeah, you did OK there

Great basses , have had both the Goth and Pro IV in the past and should of kept that neck through pro

New DM's and Converse boots ,bottle of Four roses bourbon but no music gear

Did treat myself to the U.K. Subs A-M & N-Z boxsets in the November, Not cheap but worth every penny to a die hard like me

Hl7n
Quote:
Quote: Brand new Epiphone Thunderbird! There's been complete threads on that bass and it comes out well in people's praise so, yeah, you did OK there
I feel like it made me a better player just by plugging in.

Reply to this thread