0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Late to the Technology game, and struggling...

Marko1960
He sounds like a typical arrogant guitarist who believes four strings are for people who can't handle six, which we all know isn't true, and he's looking down on you disgusted that you're not as good as him, “Hey, I know the songs, why don't you?”
the60's
I'm not sure i'd be happy being in this situation. I'm on the outside looking in of course but not a lot of respect being shown to you from him. I hope i'm wrong.
IamMark
You guys are completely missing the point of this thread.
Marko1960
Quote:
You guys are completely missing the point of this thread.
You can't programme an iPad to hold tabs for your duo's full repotoire, learn them all instead
LoudLon [moderator]
I'm not all that tech savvy either, but if you have an iPad or iPhone, couldn't you scan the binder, save it as PDF and upload it?
MotorMog

Only one thing for it then ……
the60's
Either: “I'm not all that tech savvy either, but if you have an iPad or iPhone, couldn't you scan the binder, save it as PDF and upload it?”

Or: “You can't program an iPad to hold tabs for your duo's full repotoire, learn them all instead”

Take your pick!
IamMark
Quote:
I'm not all that tech savvy either, but if you have an iPad or iPhone, couldn't you scan the binder, save it as PDF and upload it?
That's what I've started to do. It's a bit time consuming.

I was more curious to know if others were using similar apps, or if they found a way to include bass tabs into these apps.
Marko1960
Does this mean you will be stood reading tabs off an iPad while you play live? Tabs are hardly site reading friendly, more for learning a song in the first place, I don't think it's gonna work. I'd have to learn all the songs I'm afraid, at least then you'd look cool while you were playing. You say there's 50+ songs, I'd group them into songs of a certain key, so let's say there are eight songs in A minor, I'd group those together and familiarise myself with each group, seven groups is easier than fifty songs. Then there's the bass heavy songs, songs that have a distinctive bassline, these would need to be played note for note but the less important ones could be simple root note patterns. And when he gets the capo out, put the bass down and pick up a six string acoustic, with a capo, and back him up with the basic chords of the song,can't play six string? course you can, tune it to open G and use one finger to play chords, Kieth Richards has been doing it for 60 years!
Marko1960
By the way, the songs in A minor would be more for funerals than weddings lol

Reply to this thread