0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Ultimate-Guitar stealing our work

I have a few songs to post but I don't want people stealing them
LP
Quote:
It depends on the tabs you want to submit.
Now That Is Stupid. It Takes Just A Bit Of Time To Write Your Own Tab. I Always Hated Ultimate Guitar Anyways.
LP
Quote:
Now That Is Stupid. It Takes Just A Bit Of Time To Write Your Own Tab. I Always Hated Ultimate Guitar Anyways.
You are not alone in disliking the UG site, it seems quite a few do in here.
Tab stealing is a touchy subject, it seems a few people have had their tabs stolen by UG users. Ask LoudLon, he has been the most affected.

2nick3
Quote:

Nothing you put on the internet is still just yours - it's now shared for anyone to use as they see fit. Which sucks, but that's how the world is now. I'd say to not let the a$$holes win by letting them change something you want to do here, but can respect if you feel differently about your work.
the60's
Once your tabs go public you basically lose ownership to whoever. As Nick says that is how the world is now.
It all depends how strongly you feel about it. Personally I hope you do submit your tabs.
LP
Tabs get stolen from all the major tab sites, it's just something you have to accept even if you don't like it.
I don't think there is any way you can stop it 100%. Some people on here have tried different things with various degrees of success.
I tend to tab songs that have not been done before so people can play them. I have been a musician all my life and enjoy music. I like to tab songs from all different genres.

I saw there is a page for songs to be requested. I personally don't mind taking requests. If someone has a song they would like to play, please let me know
Marko1960
Shilo, if you are thinking about doing some tabs then please consider some from the requests list, tabbers are struggling to meet demand
the60's
Quote:
I tend to tab songs that have not been done before so people can play them. I have been a musician all my life and enjoy music. I like to tab songs from all different genres.

Hopefully you'll get to tab a nice variety of songs.

Reply to this thread