0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rickenbocker my ass

Quote:
Never liked the look of them either, the head reminds me of a bottle opener.

Quote:
I really want an epiphone eb-0 but can you get one in a lefty? can you bollocks.why do Gibson/Epiphone make nothing in lefty?

Leiria
Quote:
Never liked the look of them either, the head reminds me of a bottle opener.I really want an epiphone eb-0 but can you get one in a lefty? can you bollocks.why do Gibson/Epiphone make nothing in lefty?
Get a regular one and flip the nut. Eb-0 are probably the easiest basses to flip over. The body is symmetrical and the strap button is in the neck joint. The only thing that MAY be a problem is the controls
purplez
Quote:
Quote: Never liked the look of them either, the head reminds me of a bottle opener.I really want an epiphone eb-0 but can you get one in a lefty? can you bollocks.why do Gibson/Epiphone make nothing in lefty? Get a regular one and flip the nut. Eb-0 are probably the easiest basses to flip over. The body is symmetrical and the strap button is in the neck joint. The only thing that MAY be a problem is the controls

The controls would be the problem, how did Hendrix play without elbowing them all the time??
I tried it before on a 6string and its awkward and annoying to have the controls there.
Goll65
I always loved what Cliff Burton did with them, but I agree. when I played one myself I didn't like the sound.
IamMark
Quote:
Quote: I never really cared for the way they looked.I believe the bassist for Tool used a ric for their Opiate album. But he uses so much effects I don't think it matters what bass he played with. Being a fan and never hearing of him using Rics I looked it up. Found nothing. The places I checked all said he only plays Wals, Stingrays and Thunderbirds
This was long ago, when the album first came out. Early 90s. I remember reading it somewhere because I was fascinated with them as they were so new compared to all the grunge that was so popular then.
Leiria
Quote:
Quote: Quote: Never liked the look of them either, the head reminds me of a bottle opener.I really want an epiphone eb-0 but can you get one in a lefty? can you bollocks.why do Gibson/Epiphone make nothing in lefty? Get a regular one and flip the nut. Eb-0 are probably the easiest basses to flip over. The body is symmetrical and the strap button is in the neck joint. The only thing that MAY be a problem is the controls The controls would be the problem, how did Hendrix play without elbowing them all the time??I tried it before on a 6string and its awkward and annoying to have the controls there.
Hendrix played a Strat so the controls were nowhere near his elbow but they would be if it were an EB-0. If you don't really use the knobs you cab remove them and lock the settings in place. It is an eb0, why would someone want to turn the tone down?
Marko1960

Get a regular one and flip the nut. Eb-0 are probably the easiest basses to flip over. The body is symmetrical and the strap button is in the neck joint. The only thing that MAY be a problem is the controls
Its not a simple case of flipping the nut, you would have to fit a new left handed nut

Reply to this thread