Been a while but I plugged my Stingray in and had a bit of a play around, it was one of those rare occasions where you hit the sweet spot straight off, it was Heaven. I noticed my Behringer Compressor pedal which I've only used once before and on my hand made active bass, so I plugged it in, God it was awful I fiddled with the knobs but it didn't get any better, anyone else had a bad experience with a Behringer pedal?
With pedals you pretty much get what you pay for. Either lay down some considerable amount Of cash and get exactly what you want or go cheap and get something that sort of does the job
For the money they do make some half decent entry level gear but like most pedals of any price range you spend more time fiddling around with the buggers than playing
I had the boss odb clone and for £20ish it was good value but ultimately frustrating trying to get the right tone so got rid
With pedals you pretty much get what you pay for. Either lay down some considerable amount Of cash and get exactly what you want or go cheap and get something that sort of does the job
This is often the case. Many cheap pedals give you extras for free, like noise, crackling and unwanted harmonics. I use a Boss LMB3 Bass Limiter/Enhancer as a compressor. I bought it four years ago for 89 Euros ($92). It does the job unnoticed, with the exception of the enhancer. I leave the enhance control rolled down, because it produces a scooped, empty tone.
Boss pedals can be the exception if that's the sound you're going for. I've only tried their bass overdrive and hated it but quite recently Ive been looking at their chorus pedal and I may give it a shot