0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Loose output jacks

Marko1960
You need to remove the jack plate and fix the jack to it, there should be a washer on both sides of the jack plate, once everything's secure refit the jack plate.

You lookin at my beer?
Quote:
You need to remove the jack plate and fix the jack to it, there should be a washer on both sides of the jack plate, once everything's secure refit the jack plate.

Yeah, I saw it. What do I do, put both of them on the outside?
Marko1960
As you look at the jack plate edge on you will see nut, washer, jack plate, washer, nut
Quote:
As you look at the jack plate edge on you will see nut, washer, jack plate, washer, nut

Washer, nut, jack plate, washer, nut on mine I think.
Marko1960
There's nothing holding the first washer then
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: Washer, nut, jack plate, washer, nut on mine I think.

This I believe is correct if your looking at the jack from the inside of the guitar cavity towards the input side

Just replace the jack and use some thread lock for good measure

But we don't want to see a post on how to unglue your hands from your bass as you used super glue instead OK
Marko1960
How can it be correct? If the nut is between the washer and jack plate what's holding the washer in place?? Come on people it ain't rocket science.
Why do people compare difficult stuff to rocket science? A cylindrical object, sealed at one end and packed with a highly flammable propellant, the propellant is ignited and is forced through the open end thus creating propulsion…rocket science, come on people its not like playing bass!!
IamMark
Quote:
http://m.dhgate.com/product/new-oval-electric-guitar-bass-output-jack/146668557.html#viewpicWasher-nut-guitar/body-jack/plate-washer-nut
Right, but that's a certain type of jack. I have one that's I think is what Marko is saying, where the entire input jack is contained in the cavity of a threaded shaft that goes into the body. You need a nut at both ends to hold the jack in place.

With the jack you linked, the jack itself is the end piece. The washer separates the nut that pinches it to the body held on the other end with a washer then nut.

Reply to this thread