0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Fender : precision or jazz bass ? (maybe jaguar too ?)

Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Jazz has better neck, Precision has better pick up, I use Leo Fwnders best bass, the MusicMan StingRay Didn't George Fullerton come up with the MusicMan?
No, When Leo sold out to CBS they hit him with a ten year no new designs clause unless it was for them. However, he kept the Stingray under wraps until the ten years was up, Sterling Ball was the test pilot to iron out any issues and the bass was marketed through ex Fender man, Tom Walkers MusicMan company
Marko1960
He teamed up with George later with G&L, (George &Leo) but George left pretty soon and G&L now stood for Guitars by Leo
IamMark
Yeah, I knew about the G&L history. I have one of the first L-1000 models that came off the line in California.

Love that bass.
Marko1960
Quote:
Yeah, I knew about the G&L history. I have one of the first L-1000 models that came off the line in California.Love that bass.
You need a 76 StingRay for your collection, a snip at $2,000
Sidsquishus
Quote:
I've had a P bass before, and I liked it.

I kissed a P bass, and I liked it.
Youri
I really like the neck of the precision bass and prefer it to the jazz bass
Personally, I use a 5-string Jazz Bass and I'm very happy with it, so, there's my 2cents.
Marko1960
2 cents well spent
I have a short scale jaguar, love it.
I've played on P basses, J basses and broncos, but the jaguar is my favourite
I can make my P bass sound like a jazz bass. It depends for you type of music You play I play southern rock. (mostly in the style of Tommy Caldwell with my thumb, look him up). For classic rock, southern rock, country, and blues my p bass does more than spectacular I reckon. So I suggest the p bass

Reply to this thread