0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Any thoughts about the Zoom b1on or b1xon ?

Love the comment “Better to be light on you're feet tomorrow than weighed down from yesterday”. I have a practice studio full of yesterday to prove this. I have always been weary of digital fx but this one wins.I added this pedal to cover chorus,flanger,wah… without taking up 3 spaces on the board. Who wants to spend $100 on chorus alone. It has become a cornerstone piece in my chain. I now use it for the pre amp curves as well (one in particular 90% of the time). I run it before a ampeg Scr di for in ear set up. I am happier than I have been (29 years) with my bass sound. Its not entirely due to the pedal but its a big part. Adds flexability. When using my Mesa the scr di is off. Love that you can scroll without changing current preset, the tuner can be on when bypassed,screen is easy to read in direct sun (outdoor gigs), super easy to program (huge), super easy to experiment with. Gigged it 80 times this year and working properly (I have a graveyard of EHX particularly and those cost twice as much).I could keep going with likes. Don't like there is no undo on looper, slight whine on some patches if not powered separately from other pedals (common). Overall best $50 I have spent in a long time. If you can't get a good sound out of this pedal you don't want to.
Tahiche
That´s the attitude, Sergio Starsmith, well said.
What sounds OK sounds OK, if your standard is “nothing under 100$ is worth it” you better have a good dayjob. I personally get a rush when some 50$ junk sounds good, that´s the attitude, not being some analog fundamentalist.
If something is crucial to your sound, be picky and demanding. It´s fuzz in my case, delays for a U2 cover band… If you´re adding a touch of chorus here or some weird shit there, I don´t want to spend a ton and have 4 pedals using up space.
I´m waiting for my unit to arrive. I play 3 string cigar box guitar split to a guitar and amp bass. I use a Tc-electronics SubNUp for octave and subs signal to bass amp (split via ABY switcher). This is where i´ll be using the B1on, to compress and process the octave down & sub-octave signal that is lacking charater. Probably some synth tones in there too. I have a Wolly Mammoth Fuzz in that chain, like a said, digital fuzz is noticably not as good.
Now you tell me my sad 200$ 3 string CGB producing a monstruous stupid sound is not “analog”. It might not be 100% analog, who cares. These digital-haters probably think you want to sound like Phill Collins. Analog pedals have circuits anyway, it´s electronics, it´s not they´re made of wood!!.
Tahiche
That´s the attitude, Sergio Starsmith, well said.
What sounds OK sounds OK, if your standard is “nothing under 100$ is worth it” you better have a good dayjob. I personally get a rush when some 50$ junk sounds good, that´s the attitude, not being some analog fundamentalist.
If something is crucial to your sound, be picky and demanding. It´s fuzz in my case, delays for a U2 cover band… If you´re adding a touch of chorus here or some weird shit there, I don´t want to spend a ton and have 4 pedals using up space.
I´m waiting for my unit to arrive. I play 3 string cigar box guitar split to a guitar and amp bass. I use a Tc-electronics SubNUp for octave and subs signal to bass amp (split via ABY switcher). This is where i´ll be using the B1on, to compress and process the octave down & sub-octave signal that is lacking charater. Probably some synth tones in there too. I have a Wolly Mammoth Fuzz in that chain, like a said, digital fuzz is noticably not as good.
Now you tell me my sad 200$ 3 string CGB producing a monstruous stupid sound is not “analog”. It might not be 100% analog, who cares. These digital-haters probably think you want to sound like Phill Collins. Analog pedals have circuits anyway, it´s electronics, it´s not they´re made of wood!!.

Reply to this thread