0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Suggestions to improve the site

TheDude [staff]
Quote:
i think the search should be recoded to search whole site instead of the current system
what do you mean by that?
moraavon
lol let me pick my own profile pic… what is that? Justin Beeber? hmm I am a 52 year old woman and that is just a little creepy :o Great tabs though!
Moraavan - you can choose your own pic/avatar. Click on that hideous Justin Bieber pic and you'll have the option to replace it.

Sidsquishus
Quote:
i think the search should be recoded to search whole site instead of the current system what do you mean by that?

Just a guess here, but perhaps the post was in response to a search query that exposed band name issues. For example, tabs for the band
The Go-Go's (that's the official name on the albums) are found under four different band names: Go Gos, Go-Gos, Go-Gos The, and The Go-Gos. A search for The Go-Gos brings up the last of the four names, but not the first three (which is where most of the tabs for this band reside).
jakecwb
searches could be broken down into decades and type of music
dprewitt
I've tried in vain to change the picture but it won't go away,,,,Love the site though, just wished it had some christian music tabs and church hymns, love rock and metal and listen to it daily, but that's not what I want to play.
Sidsquishus
Quote:
,,,Love the site though, just wished it had some christian music tabs and church hymns, love rock and metal and listen to it daily, but that's not what I want to play.

I started tabbing because 1) I could not find tabs of songs I wanted to play, and 2) I could not remember songs I used to play 20 years ago. So in order to learn these songs and be able to play them in future, without having to figure them out again, I am tabbing them.

You might consider doing the same for the Christian music you'd like to see tabbed. There seem to be a fair number of requests for church service type songs, so you'd be making a valued contribution to the site!
Cheers.
dprewitt
I'm starting to learn more about tabbing so I plan on it as my learning continues. Thanks
Sidsquishus
Quote:
I'm starting to learn more about tabbing so I plan on it as my learning continues. Thanks

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them.
Sidsquishus
Quote:
searches could be broken down into decades and type of music

The problem comes with trying to define type of music. The definition will vary among different people.

I think the way to improve the search is to keep using band names but use a lazy definition of the search text string, rather than an exact match. Results would include all band names that include the search string.

Another but much harder fix would be to go through the database and clean it up so that all the songs by any one band appeared under only one (official) name (e.g. The Go-Go's instead of the four different names currently in the database).

You would also need to have band names appear in a drop down as a new tab was being submitted in order to keep it from turning into a mess again.

Reply to this thread