0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

BABY WIPES

Leiria
10 years ago
Report this message
A friend said i should use baby wipes to clean my bass. Should I only use them for the body or can I also use them to clean the strings or pickups?
johnny [staff]
you should use a lint free cloth. I'm not sure about baby wipes though. are they moist or dry?
Leiria
Moist, but alcohol free
LoudLon [moderator]
As mentioned in another thread sometime recently, I myself use baby wipes – specifically Huggies. They clean like a charm and are durable enough that you can run them over your strings without the coils tearing them and leaving little shreds of moist cloth behind.
Leiria
Can I also use them on my pickups?
IamMark
What are you doing with your bass that gets the pickups dirty? A little gardening perhaps?
LoudLon [moderator]
Leiria – yeah, you can use them on the pickups as well.
Leiria
Thanks a lot,Lon

IamMark - I have my bass on a stand so the pickups get dusty over time. And now, in the summer, some sweat.
May I suggest that you use only Products made to clean and Polish Guitars.Such as Ernie Ball Guitar Polish,Music Nomad all in One. And a Micro Fiber Cloth. Thats it. Those Baby Wipes are Drying out the Woods on you Fretboard,Neck and Body. Not Good. May I also suggest that you use the Baby Wipes on your Hands Before you Pick up The Bass.That would be the only thing I would use them for.
LoudLon [moderator]
I've been using baby wipes on my Hamer Slammer series electric guitar for fifteen years and it still looks as good today as the day I got it back in ‘99. I’ve only had my bass for a year, but same thing. It totally depends on what brand you use, and as I mentioned above, I only use Huggies. They don't contain alcohol or other such harsh sanitizing ingredients and they're not overly moist (until you get to the bottom of the case where the moisture from the wipes above has collected, in which case I wring them out first).
IamMark
Baby wipes are also really good at cleaning shit off a baby's bum.

Reply to this thread