0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Underrated Bassists

just3boyz
Linkinpark…i think i'm just gonna keep speaking my mind.
i do appreciate your input though.
LoudLon [moderator]
No dick-tying necessary. Seems like everyone's cool now so let's move on.

Incidentally, I've never been a big Zeppelin fan, either. Always thought they got more credit than they deserve, but on the same token, they were a a few seconds before my time so I didn't get to experience them breaking out. By the time I became aware of their stuff, I was already into stuff like Metallica and Motley Crue, and Zep sounded tame in comparison. Looking back objectively I can see their place in musical history and all that, but on a personal level, their music just doesn't do anything for me.

I'd imagine it's the same way for youngsters today, youngsters who grew up on stuff like Staind and Limp Bizkit, who listen to Nirvana for the first time and wonder what the hell all the hype was about.
just3boyz
That's a good point loudlon.

I think there are alot of people out there that can ruin a band just by saying things like:
“You never heard of ZEP?? they're the greatest band in the world!! anyone who doesn't like zep is an idiot!!”
people who say that about any band are first off wrong and second being incredibly ignorant.
plus they're setting the bar really high for that listener so when they listen to it they might be more likely to dislike it simply cuz someone else was pushing it so hard.
i like alot of classic rock cuz my dad listened to it all the time and i started digging it just cuz it was so familiar to me.
but i totally see why some one wouldn't like zep or other bands in that vain simply because they're not ment for everybody.

i feel like fleas credibility goes hand in hand with this.
he's one of those guys you either love or hate.
he's a great player but people hate on him cuz people say he's the best.
he's definitely not the best. that doesn't make him any less of a musician.
he's definitely great in his own right. but not the best.
just3boyz
i forget who it was but someone mentioned carol kaye before
i checked her out and she is the tits!

i found this video on youtube.
the bassline is filthy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhnUVw1_KIk
Cheekychuck
I'm a big fan of Aram Bedrosian .

http://youtu.be/sa4vy5-hEGE

just3boyz
Very melodic. Good stuff
Marko1960
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Fat Mike, Bassist for NoFX and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, deserves some more recognition.

Reply to this thread