0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Loudlon's Tab Corner!

LoudLon [moderator]
Put a couple more of your Clutch requests on my to-do list. Can't believe they've been around as long as they have yet I'm only just now hearing of them!
Towelie
Quote:
Put a couple more of your Clutch requests on my to-do list. Can't believe they've been around as long as they have yet I'm only just now hearing of them!

Thank you so much! Yeah, I felt the same way when I found them about 9 years ago, they became my favorite band when I saw them live. Pretty simple Rock and Roll for the most part, but it always gets me grooving.
LoudLon [moderator]
Otherside, by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
LoudLon [moderator]
Steady, As She Goes, by The Raconteurs
LoudLon [moderator]
So I was thinking…

I've been using this thread to announce my newly submitted tabs. I'm the only person here who does this. Granted I didn't start this thread, and was flattered the first time I saw it, but it was my choice to take advantage and use it to promote my new tabs.

But I'm not the only regular contributor here. Guys like Sid, Awal, Hugo and bassm99 and others are steady suppliers of new tabs, too. Shouldn't they have their own announcement threads, as well? Or is it pretentious that I or anyone else would announce a new tab at all, and we should just submit and let the submission page speak for itself?

What do you guys think?
Twiggybass
Hey! I like this idea. We should all do this.

we should each have our own page. Specific names for each. “Lon's Tab Corner” “Squishish Road”
“Marko's Club.” Anyway, something like this.

IamMark
When I read your recent post, Lon, my initial thought was, “what a great idea!” But instead of individual threads, I started to think of a thread dedicated to announcing and promoting forum users' latest works. In the spirit of Lon's Corner, I also thought this would be a great thread to interact with the contributors to discuss certain parts of the tabs to have general discussion with those tabbers about their submissions.

But then I thought that a thread like that could grow so big and quick that any new user or, any forum user for that matter, wouldn't be able to keep up with the pages and pages of posts. So a community thread for tab submissions may not be a good thing. Plus we have some threads that are very specific to certain artists/genres, so we'd either have duplication or lack of participation in either of the threads due to nostalgia and keeping their niche alive.

I like the narcissistic approach to the individual threads though. It gives a more one-on-one opportunity for users to engage with the tabber more.
Sidsquishus
Perhaps a display on the home page that shows (or perhaps scrolls through) tabs submitted in the last 72 (?) hours, each linked to the actual tab so an interested person could click on it and be taken to the tab. An automated New Tabs if you will.
2nick3
Or the “New Bass Tabs” page, with the button at the top of the screen? There is a comment section for each tab, so what we really need is a way to see that there are new comments on a tab. That could be similar to the way the forums work, where an update moves it to the top of the list.
johnny [staff]
I agree, there needs to be a more clear way to see if there are new comments on tabs! currently only authors of tabs get private messages when someone comments on their tab, but sometimes you can have interesting discussion on tabs themselves.

2nick3 - I think your solution works very well, I'll just need to put the list somewhere!

Reply to this thread