0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Duran Duran Bass Tabs

Sidsquishus
Hi Mari7, welcome to Big Bass Tabs.

It sounds to me like the intro, verse, and outro of Too Late Marlene should not be difficult to figure out. Someone should give it a try - maybe posting what they get here as with Mediterranea. Then we can all take a look and offer help.

(Is this going to turn into a Wiki-tabs thing? I have long been interested in seeing if wiki tabbing project could work. Many hands can make quick work!)

The chorus and solos/interlude will take some effort to figure out.

Anyone to start?
Hugorj
Welcome Mary7! Hi Sid! Hello to all!

I'm happy with this topic, I searched for a good link (live): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lmebjx3wZU

Is a good music.. unfortunately, there are few tabs of duran duran on net..This topic want to improve this.
Sid is a great bass player and is helping us a lot.

Sid, I can not use audacity. I think it is very complex
Hugorj
I'll try to do “the Man who Stole a leopard”. I'll post what I get
Sidsquishus
Hugori - what is it that you cannot do in Audacity?

Perhaps I could write up something of a tutorial of what I do with Audacity. Do you think that would help?
Hugorj
I wonder how do I hear only the bass lines in songs of audacity
Sidsquishus
I don't know how or if you can pull out only the bass line. But you can make the bass line more prominent in the mix:

With the song loaded into Audacity, press J to go to the start of the song. Press Ctrl-A to select the entire song. Click on the Effects menu and scroll down to Low Pass Filter and click on it. In the box that pops up, select your rolloff (I like 12 db) and cutoff frequency (I like 350 or 325). Click OK.

Now listen to the song. If you have cut out enough of the higher pitches (vocals, guitars… and like what you are hearing, save the project as, for example, Mediterranea low. (You want to keep the original without the low pass filter for a final sound check of your tab.)

Once you have brought the bass to the front of the mix, often your tuner will be able to pick out the bass notes being played, which can really help with correctly getting the first few notes and an idea of which key the song is in.
Sidsquishus
I think The Man Who Stole A Leopard is in G minor (G A Bb C D Eb F G) and is played in drop D tuning. I think the bass comes in at about 36 seconds playing four notes each: G (E string), D (E string tuned to D), Bb, then C.

Could be wrong about this, of course.
Sidsquishus
I think Too Late Marlene starts in A (A–AA–AA) then drops to G (but I'm not sure about the G, sometimes it sounds more dissonant than it should).
Hugorj
Thanks for the tutorial. Later I will examine it. I made the intro of The Man Who Stole A Leopard. I'll post it soon
Hugorj
The Man Who Stole A Leopard
Play when the bass start (intro):
Tabs:
G|--------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------|
A|-----5555-1111-3333-------------------| 2X
E|3333----------------------------------|

Can someone check this?

Reply to this thread