0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Duran Duran Bass Tabs

Gerr
Correct!
Sidsquishus
Thanks Gerr!

Hugorj, what do your slashes between the numbers mean?
Hugorj
Sid that is my mistake. Play without slashes.

I'm having trouble capturing the other parts
Sidsquishus
I'll try to help as soon as I can. Perhaps someone else can also help?
Hugorj
Sid, You are the one who helps me
Sidsquishus
Hugorj,
I hope to have some time this afternoon for this.

Also, have a look at YouTube for live performance of the song. It turns out what I thought was the bass coming at about 30 seconds is actually keyboards. John Taylor doesn't start playing his bass until around 2 1/2 minutes into the song. I would still tab the keyboard bass part so that I would have something to play during the first half of the song.
Mari7
Hi boys, how are you going?
Sidsquishus
Hi Mari7, would you care to have a go at tabbing Too Late Marlene?

I think Too Late Marlene starts in A (A–AA–AA) then drops to G (but I'm not sure about the G, sometimes it sounds more dissonant than it should).
Hugorj
Hello Sid!! My tab was based on cover version. But John really starts to play after.

Mari, and I think that Too Late Marlene stay on A-AA-AA (only that). See the live version.
Sidsquishus
So Hugorj, I guess we need to decide what version of the song we are going to tab - Duran Duran's The Man Who Stole A Leopard or the bass cover of the song on YouTube. The bass cover version of Leopard is quite different from what Duran Duran plays, at least in the parts I have looked at so far. I think that if we tabbed the bass cover version, a person who takes that tab and tries to play along to the recorded version is going to be frustrated.

After the G-D-Bb-C phrase you tabbed above (which is actually the first verse, the intro has no bass part), Duran Duran plays G#-G-C-C-G#-Eb-G-G and goes through this twice. I don't know what the bass cover does, but it should reflect these notes at least in part.
Cheers.

Reply to this thread