0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What is a good intermediate bass?

Marko1960
Happy birthday then and good luck, Leo Fender invented the bass guitar in 1951, and he got it perfect first time, Gibson started making basses shortly afterwards but couldnt seem to get it right, whereas Fenders basses went from strength to strength. The Precision Bass introduced the double cutaway, this was out of necessity as the long neck meant the balance of the guitar required a longer horn. Sorry to go on and on but Leo is a hero of mine lol
purplez
I tried the squier jazz today, tbh I found it overheavy and the neck felt too wide for me..

I think I like the feel of smaller basses? the shop had a stagg bc300lh bass and it was much smaller and narrower, but being a stagg brand…puts me off a fair bit and it was covered in dust, no doubt its never been played or cleaned in all the years in the shop.

Marko1960
Strange, the Jazz Bass has the narrowest neck on the market. Try a short scale bass like the Squier Mustang
Sidsquishus
As Marko said, the Jazz bass neck is a narrow neck - 1.5" (38mm) at the nut for a four string bass. Ibanez SR basses have narrow necks, as does the Thunderbird. You might try one of these at your local shop.

And they may have other basses with a narrow neck. But again, needing a ‘lefty’ will be the fly in the ointment. Goodluck.
Rickenbacker 4003
purplez
Quote:
Rickenbacker 4003

I don't have £1600+ unfortunately.

what about these cort basses? they look good and slim necks ?

http://www.rguitars.co.uk

the guy says he does a full set up for free as well
purplez

Quote:
As Marko said, the Jazz bass neck is a narrow neck - 1.5" (38mm) at the nut for a four string bass. Ibanez SR basses have narrow necks, as does the Thunderbird. You might try one of these at your local shop.And they may have other basses with a narrow neck. But again, needing a ‘lefty’ will be the fly in the ointment. Goodluck.

I think maybe when I wrote too wide I kind of also meant a bit too flat feel to the neck, is possibly a better description?
Sidsquishus
You might try a Fender Aerodyne then. It has a jazz bass neck with a 7.25“ radius to the fingerboard - more curved than the standard 9.5” radius on other Fender Jazz necks.

I don't know anything about Cort basses. A good place to search for information about basses in talkbass:

http://www.talkbass.com
Isn't that bass a lefty?
Marko1960
Quote:
Isn't that bass a lefty?
No, it's right handed, it's a lefty he wants and Cort probably don't do them

Reply to this thread