0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Seeking Band Members

5 string guy
10 years ago
Report this message
So, I'm working on getting a band together and I mean a whole band, I need a lead and backing guitar, a Drummer that is comfortable with stuff like A7X,5FDP, All That Remains, Disturbed, stuff like that, a keyboardist, and a singer that can do a mix of bands listed above. If the singer can play guitar or key board, that would be fantastic. If anyone knows anybody in the Fort Bridger, Wy area that is interested or want to find out more message me at [email protected]
Marko1960
Google, BandMix, they have lists of Musos in your area, good luck
topnorm
Good for you and Good luck with assembling your band. I did the same and found it difficult to assemble people I didn't know with enough basic skill and similar music tastes.

But keeping it together is harder. So I play bass with one group that were buddies first.

I play what they want because it's fun and they are good people. I joined another band because they needed a drummer and they play what I like and I play with a loose group where the guys come and go as the music tastes change. It has been the same my entire life which is why took up other instruments just so I can play with others no matter what they like…within reason.

Its tough when your not buddies 1st but there are always people out there and tons of sites dedicated to assembling people of like interests. Bandmix is one that worked for me.
johnny [staff]
Maybe a better idea would be to find a band that suits you that is currently in need of a bassist instead of building one from scratch.
Youri
Ask absolutely everybody that you know that lives near where you live to ask their friends. If you are a teenager like me I suggest you try to post something on a board in your school (and others close by)
Quote:
Ask absolutely everybody that you know that lives near where you live to ask their friends. If you are a teenager like me I suggest you try to post something on a board in your school (and others close by)
I've tried that. Everyone at my school either sucks at music or listens to rap, or that Dubstep B.S. The only guys I could play on the same level with are already in a band. Bassist and all.
Quote:
Maybe a better idea would be to find a band that suits you that is currently in need of a bassist instead of building one from scratch.
Have you ever been to Southwest Wyoming? Finding a really dedicated hand is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Marko1960
Did you try Bandmix? We found two drummers. Your wish list is a bit optimistic, finding the perfect band in one go is virtually impossible, your best bet is get some schoolmates to start jamming with, even if they can't play, jamming with other people is the best way to learn, did you know that when Hillel Slovak asked his school friend, Michael Balzary to help him form a band on Bass, Michael didn't know the first thing about bass, Michael goes by the name of Flea these days
Fair enough. But when I say kids can't play, it's not that they are lacking talent, they have zero ambition. Most of them can't play more than twinkle twinkle, little star. And I did check out band mix. Also been talking with a guy from work that claims to have the skill set and drive I'm looking for. It is my honest that most high school music programs in America are a sad shadow of their former selves.
Quote:
Your wish list is a bit optimistic,
Come on Marko, that's the only to live life. Optimisim.

Reply to this thread