0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Here's a BIG challenge

Marko1960
Another God
Grew up listening to Meat Loaf. Seen him twice in concert. Great, theatrical show. I was too young for the 1978 tour where he was sucking oxygen. His autobiography is a good read. How he has dealt with the loss of his voice, and multiple concussions. As a multiple concussion sufferer, I can relate to the Loaf er Marvin Aday. Don't forget Fight Club, Wayne's World and Rocky Horror Picture Show
Twiggybass
Why is he is a tosspsot in the UK????

Springsteen is the fucking Boss.
Twiggybass
Meatloaf is a badass and one of the most talented musicians in the world. I grew up listening to him since 1984
Twiggybass
I saw him in 2007. Sieze the Night tour in Montreal.

KI hate the fact that Bieber is a Canadian and so am I :'(
MotorMog
Quote:
Meatloaf is a badass

More Bigass than Badass

Did like his vocals on Ted Nugents Free For All album and his bit part in the film 51st State is worth a mention

Don't deny the blokes got talent but for me falls into the Brian Adams housewife's favourite genre

So it's a no from me

Marko1960
People call him a rock star but his theatrical, Las Vagas cabaret room aproach does'nt work for me I'm afraid. Sure, he has a fantastic voice but he seems to think by adding the amateur dramatics that he just gets better. As for films, see if you can spot him in the Val Kilmer movie, ‘The Salton Sea’
Guinny
In the summer of ‘94 I was stuck in a van touring. My best friend and drummer for the band decides to put a tape on (yes a cassette tape) it was Bat Out of Hell - About twenty seconds in I hear from the driver’s seat. “Are you f'ing kidding me?” The van pulls over and the driver (our guitarist) jumps out with tape in hand and right in the middle of highway 11 smashes the tape with his boot.

Not a single word was said until we stopped for dinner, about 4 hours later. When the waitress came to take our order I asked, “Do you have any meatloaf?”

For the record I can't stand meatloaf or Meat Loaf.
Guinny
Quote:
People call him a rock star but his theatrical, Las Vagas cabaret room aproach does'nt work for me I'm afraid. Sure, he has a fantastic voice but he seems to think by adding the amateur dramatics that he just gets better. As for films, see if you can spot him in the Val Kilmer movie, ‘The Salton Sea’

I feel the same. I just don't get the theatrics. It's one reason I don't like Alice Cooper. My buddy just saw Alice in Edmonton and he sent me pictures from the show… They had a guillotine on the stage.

I do appreciate Meats acting though. I really enjoyed his tits in Fight Club.
IamMark
I think artists like Meatloaf use whatever gimmick they feel they need to get recognition they wouldn't normally get in the main-stream of their genre.

Meat used operatic-style songs and huge theatrics. I think he did this to overshadow the fact that he was an extremely over-weight singer/song writer, who wouldn't get mass appeal on his vocal talents alone.

It's no different than what was already said with Alice Cooper, or KISS, or Stryper, or GWAR. Bands that, without the gimmick, are mediocre at best and would never get recognized or appreciated for their music and song writing abilities alone.

Meat's whole persona was a gimmick. It worked for him.

Reply to this thread