0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Any more Andy Taylor?

bass freak
Shhhh but I do like Duran Duran (sometimes). Really admire Andy for getting away & trying to do his own thing. Really like the Thunder album even though I normally hate that mid 80's hair band stuff. Having Steve Jones involved maybe helped a little. Good bass tabs from this album, really enjoyed them.
bass freak
PS. That John Taylor track also rocks though I prefer the Neurotic Outsiders version. Steve Jones & the G'N'R boys help make that so much better than his own version.
icehouse1
I think most guys who liked Duran Duran during the 80's got some sort of flack for doing so.
Any Pistol loving fan that hated Duran Duran got a big shock when Jonsey worked with John & Andy, blew their credibility out of the water!
Andy's Dangerous album is excellent, the sound is incredible.
Sidsquishus
Cheers to out-growing knee-jerk bigotry, of all kinds.
bass freak
Maybe not as bad but I used to get mocked for liking Joy Division/Echo & The Bunnymen/The Cure etc. People thought it was all miserable doom & gloom, music to hang yourself to. I used to think it was funny. I'm sure you major Duranies got it a lot worse!
I do like Andy's Dangerous album. As you say the sound is incredible, his production is flawless. Not keen on all the covers, but it's still a good album.
Personally you can't beat The Power Station album, that really is a top album.
softcell62
Think yourselves lucky Duranies, try growing up being a Soft Cell fan during the 80's. I think whatever music you like there are some redundant thinking people out there who will make fun of it because it's different.
Bass freak I love Joy Division, The Bunnymen & The Cure & I even adore The Smiths. I just Love music from the 80's!
I Love that Power Station album, it really gave a chance for Andy to let rip & shine in the spotlight he so richly deserves!
icehouse1
I think once Andy did Power Station he couldn't really go back to Duran Duran. He unleashed the beast within & couldn't give that up.
The Power Station album ROCKS!!!!!
i can say i do not like duran duran much… i do however have respect for the things they accomplished.
icehouse1
Indeed they do DDF!
bass freak
Big respect to Duran Duran! Love The Power Station too. Andy Taylor ROCKS!!!! Enjoying his bass tabs.

Reply to this thread