0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Finding Underground Artists

I have a concept for a website, if it does not already exist, where users can enter a more well known or mainstream artist, and find similar underground acts. When looking on sites like bandcamp and soundcloud, other than the genre, you don't know what your getting into until you listen. There is, of course, not enough time to give everyone a listen to determine what you like, and you might not even notice something you would of enjoyed. If this already exists, leave a link. If not, let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.
I'd totally be interested in something like that… That's a wonderful idea and you should pursue it. Not only would it be a great opportunity for people like myself to discover new music and artists, but it would be a great way for new musicians and bands to build a fan base. An idea you might consider is allowing there to be some way for people to make an account and upload recordings of their original music. Of course you would have to listen to it first to make sure it was actually an original and but that would be incredible.
Quote:
I'd totally be interested in something like that… That's a wonderful idea and you should pursue it. Not only would it be a great opportunity for people like myself to discover new music and artists, but it would be a great way for new musicians and bands to build a fan base. An idea you might consider is allowing there to be some way for people to make an account and upload recordings of their original music. Of course you would have to listen to it first to make sure it was actually an original and but that would be incredible.
I was planning on going through bandcamp, soundcloud, and underground.fm and creating profiles for each artist that displays every website they have.
That's a really good idea. It would be pretty awesome too if you somehow made a way for the artists to speak to the people that are listening to them… Like maybe give them the ability to Tag a comment onto a song of theirs or even be able to post things on their profile. That way they could promote their friends and the amount of bands you have that people can listen to can expand.

Reply to this thread