I like the Aerodyne. I pick mine up first, before the P. Yes the Aerodyne has the PJ pickup arrangement with a P humbucker at the neck and J single coil at the bridge. I did swap out the stock J pickup for a Fender Super 55 pickup. Cheers
If you do go this route, you'll have to do a bit of looking to find a Super 55 (Super Fifty-five) because Fender decided to stop making them. They've been discontinued awhile now - several years - but I think you can still find them on Amazon, probably ebay, Reverb, maybe even a few shops. But they are getting hard to find!
Chopps, sounds like you found the set (both neck and bridge pickups). You only need the bridge pickup in a PJ set up as on the Aerodyne. You should probably get a price between 50 and 80 bucks for just the bridge pickup. Be careful about a used one - need to make sure the wires are still long enough. Look for new!