0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Duran Duran Bass Tabs

Sidsquishus
Thanks Hugorj. Thanks Johnny.
Sidsquishus
Hugorj,
I find this helpful when trying to learn what notes are played - connect your tuner (that you use to tune your bass; mine is a Korg tuner) to the headphone out jack on your computer/media player so that the tuner can ‘listen’ to the bass line. It will help to determine the notes played.

You need a cable and adapter like these:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/133830-REG/Comprehensive_MPS_MPS_6ST_MPS_MPS_6ST_Stereo_Mini_Male.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/405054-REG/Pro_Co_Sound_CC_343PC_343PC_Female_Stereo_Mini.html

Your tuner will respond most to what is out front in the mix, so you need to use Audacity (for example) to bring the bass out front and make the vocals, keyboards, guitars, etc., less prominent. In most songs, except the slowest (like Edge of America), your tuner will pick out the notes better if you slow the song down.

Often, trying to pick out the notes just by ear, I find I am off by a common interval (such as a third).

Anyway, maybe this helps?
Cheers.
Hugorj
This may help me. Thanks for the tip.

Mari7
I believe this is the best page to a fan of Duran Duran and that plays bass.

What will be the next mission? “..Leopard”?
Hugorj
I'll post “land” and “All you need is now” soon..

Sid is making “The Man Who Stole a Leopard”.

Someone to do “Girl Panic” and “Before the Rain” ??
Sidsquishus
Thanks Duran Duran Fan!
I have found using Audacity and a tuner to really help. Also, getting the first three or four root notes in a song helps to identify the key the song is written in. Once the key is known, then you can focus on a subset of notes (those in that key) rather than every possible note your instrument can produce.

I view tabbing as puzzle solving - trying to figure out the musical logic used by the song writers to compose the song. With each little increment of understanding that logic, it gets easier and easier to anticipate what occurs next in the song.

When I first started tabbing, several years ago in response to being unable to remember songs I played 20 and 30 years ago (merde, better write them down this time!), I approached it as a task of identifying what note was played first, what note came next…with the entire palette of the bass as possibilities. Very slow process.
Sidsquishus
Hugorj wants to tab the entire album!

I did the same with the first tabbing I did - the complete Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols album.

Hey Mari7, I am working on Leopard but am finding it challenging. I think I might step away from it for a bit and have a look at your request (Too Late Marlene).

The only other Duran Duran song I am interested in tabbing (after Leopard and Marlene requests) is an old one - Tel Aviv from the debut album.

Thanks to everyone who has made an effort to help, either by tabbing or by checking tabs. Hugorj has put in a lot of effort here, and I really respect that. Keep it up, all of you!
Hugorj
This topic is helping me to play what I like to hear: Duran Duran. I hope everyone is enjoying this. Sid has been a great friend in music. Thanks to all who contribute and enjoy this topic!

Sid, Tel Aviv has a tab made. Look at this link: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/duran_duran/tel_aviv_btab.htm
Sidsquishus
Thanks, Hugorj!

Reply to this thread