0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Anyone out there like Culture Club?

Twiggybass
I'm nervous as shit to interview him. I grew up head banging to glam metal like Motley Crue but George is one of my biggest musical inspirations. I even credit him for helping me quit smoking. It took me so many tries to stop and i read where he stopped for 6 months and i said to myself “George did it, I can do it” and i did.

IamMark
Well that's an interesting talking point you have for him: how you grew up listening to glam metal when CC wasn't very widely known. And how CC'S music has stood the test of time and now has those glam metal rockers enjoying their music now.

Maybe you two can share fashion tips.
johnny [staff]
Are you doing the interview in person or by phone?
Twiggybass
Johnny, It will be over the radio on CHSR.
Twiggybass
Phone i believe because it's for sure not in person or i would be going crazy now
Twiggybass
For the most part the glam band i grew up with was Motley Crue. I like the stage outfits and the loud sound that Nikki Sixx had. My mum listened to George a lot. When i saw him, i thought he looked awesome. It was "Time (Clock of the Heart) that has followed me for thirty years.

I was born in 1978 so i grew up with both bands from the beginning and i guess i just wanted to be weird and loud with hair almost to my ass
Twiggybass
Who hear was around in the 80's. There was a huge following at the beginning of this trend. Who was there in the beginning when the band first came out?
IamMark
I was.

I was born in 72.
Born in 1971. The 80's were hugely influential. Just getting into music about 9-10 years old. Love it. I play mostly 80's stuff even now.
Marko1960
I was 20 in 1980, but I wasn't into any of that 80s excess, it was the worst decade I lived in, Maggie Thatcher was busy de-constructing the UK and all the flamboyant music didn't reflect that. My town shipped coal down to London from the South Durham coal fields and whole communities were wiped out. The film Billy Elliott was filmed ten miles away in Easington colliery, to anyone who's seen that film, that's what the 80s meant to me

Reply to this thread